Profile Picture

Hi there new member.

Posted By BinderGuyKyle 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
I would think the good curved class windshield was worth that alone if you needed it.

Tony
BinderGuyKyle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Sweet! I will add you to my contacts. I just found that 1957 IHC Coe cab you were talking about here is the Link check this out, from the pictures it's probably an S or RC series but I found a 57 due to double rear windows http://nmi.craigslist.org/pts/5749162126.html what can you tell me. I didn't notice any rust on the Steps or the Cab Corners is 475 a fair price?
Jeeperscreepers
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Direct

6th Direct (1.5K reputation)6th Direct (1.5K reputation)6th Direct (1.5K reputation)6th Direct (1.5K reputation)6th Direct (1.5K reputation)6th Direct (1.5K reputation)6th Direct (1.5K reputation)6th Direct (1.5K reputation)6th Direct (1.5K reputation)

Kyle,   I don't do the texting thing.   I figure that if someone needs to talk to me they can call.   I can say a thousand words before I can type ten.   You can email them or even better post them here.   There are some expert fabricators, like wolfcreek steve, on the forum who can give better advice on the sheet metal than I can.   I have a couple of buddy's  that have helped me with any fabricating I needed.  They're a lot younger than I am and they are really talented.     

Dan Cornett
BinderGuyKyle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)

No Dan I haven't. I had a few family issues to take care of.. And as said before I'm still looking around just to see what's out there for Info and parts on available on the truck.. its getting close to this weekend so I'm going to have a look then. I noticed your cell phone # is on your profile if you know how to Txt and look at Photos I will send you some so you can clarify if its a Notable build or just a parts truck.
 Thanks Kyle
Jeeperscreepers
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Direct

6th Direct (1.5K reputation)6th Direct (1.5K reputation)6th Direct (1.5K reputation)6th Direct (1.5K reputation)6th Direct (1.5K reputation)6th Direct (1.5K reputation)6th Direct (1.5K reputation)6th Direct (1.5K reputation)6th Direct (1.5K reputation)

Kyle,  I hate to ask another question, but have you gone to look at the truck to determine it's condition?    You said you were going to look at it this past weekend but I don't see any mention that you did.   Also, I saw a cab listed on CL in Harbor Springs, Mi.  Don't know whether that's close to you or not.  

Dan Cornett
Jeeperscreepers
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Direct

Steve, there several differences in the cabs but it might be easier to modify a solid cab than to repair a rotten one.

Dan Cornett
Wolfcreek_Steve
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.0K reputation)13th direct (3.0K reputation)13th direct (3.0K reputation)13th direct (3.0K reputation)13th direct (3.0K reputation)13th direct (3.0K reputation)13th direct (3.0K reputation)13th direct (3.0K reputation)13th direct (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: 58 minutes ago
No one has mentioned this yet, but that is a comfo-vision cab isn't it? At least some of the parts are the same/similar to any conventional cab of the same era. There were a ton of them built.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
“He, who is without oil, shall throw the first rod” Compressions 8.7:1
Steve Peterson
Central Wisconsin

Follow The Leaders For They Know The Way AUTOCAR

Jeeperscreepers
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Direct

Kyle,   You're not going to find any reproduction sheet metal parts.   There was a fellow out in Washington state who advertised NOS cab corners but he wanted $100 plus each.   Best bet is to find a another solid cab and cut out the parts you need.  In addition to Red Power is the OldIHC site.   They deal more in trucks and you're more likely to find parts there. As a matter of fact,  there's a fellow selling a good 264 and 240 engine now.  

Dan Cornett
Brocky
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Go over to the truck part of the Red Power website.. They are mostly farm tractors, but there is a good possibility you can find some help??

Brocky
BinderGuyKyle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

Thanks for all the input, I have been holding off on it to keep collecting some info.. I just don't want to buy it then dig myself in too deep of a hole. (we all been there) Going to see if any metal shops around me do that Laser, 3D metal fabing too make some new Steps. because used would be just too much money and work to get new... i doubt they make Re-production Floor pans or cab corners :(