Profile Picture

"Fixin & Patchin gone MIA"

Posted By Needle-Nose 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.1K reputation)6th Over (2.1K reputation)6th Over (2.1K reputation)6th Over (2.1K reputation)6th Over (2.1K reputation)6th Over (2.1K reputation)6th Over (2.1K reputation)6th Over (2.1K reputation)6th Over (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
I am close to Summit Racing, but don't really build much.  All my hot rods has been built for quite some time.  Only project I really work on now is the Mack and there isn't much to buy out of a catalog for it.  Got to make it all.
I was late getting into anything car related as my dad was more of a train buff and I concentrated on that stuff growing up.  Only after I graduated HS did I start to tinker with cars. 

Larry

I'm no expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Doug Blevins
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Fourth Gear (429 reputation)Fourth Gear (429 reputation)Fourth Gear (429 reputation)Fourth Gear (429 reputation)Fourth Gear (429 reputation)Fourth Gear (429 reputation)Fourth Gear (429 reputation)Fourth Gear (429 reputation)Fourth Gear (429 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Junkmandan (11/4/2016)
Larry------Regarding "store bought' mods..............In our area the kids have too easy access to Summit Racing,,,,,,,,,,,,,It puts a damper on creativity ! .

before the internet, I bought my parts from the back pages of Hot Rod Magazine, PAW performance, or when in Phoenix at Lopers, Both are long gone. Used to be a race shop down the street from my Grandmas house when we were kids in Mesa AZ, Wilky's Machine I think they are still open, not so much selling parts now, but full on competition machine shop. first time I had ever seen a Winters hydromatic trans with a clutch! This was back when they still had the old "Beeline "dragway! north of town toward Fountain hills. I was like a kid in a candy store (I was a kid, just no money, or even old enough to drive) Amazing what you can buy on the internet now (if you can afford it).... 

whole bunch of scrap iron! some actually runs! Most just eat money and take up space in my yard

Junkmandan
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Larry------Regarding "store bought' mods..............In our area the kids have too easy access to Summit Racing,,,,,,,,,,,,,It puts a damper on creativity ! .
John Hanson
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)

Eddy Lucast (11/3/2016)
John a rep handed me an aerosol can of an adhesion promoter. Said its what they use in between coats of paint on big commercial aircraft so they don't have to sand. Ever use anything like it?
Said it solved MAACO's lack of sanding. LOL

I deal with lots of the diy group some of them have really wacky ideas.

Yeah, I've used adhesion promoters before, but on stuff like plastic, where it was really tough to get a good surface.  I've never heard of it on an aircraft, but it could be???  Usually when it goes to paint, a big aircraft is done in sections and by a whole crew so it goes pretty quick and doesn't need much work from the time they shoot primer to the topcoat.

I was put on this earth to do a certain amount of things....right now, I'm so far behind I could never die!
John Hanson
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)

[/quote]
John, I've heard that this is the same stuff that was marketed to the car crowd some years back as "Zoopseal", any truth to this?
[/quote]
Yep...same stuff.

I was put on this earth to do a certain amount of things....right now, I'm so far behind I could never die!
Eddy Lucast
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (5.0K reputation)13th Over (5.0K reputation)13th Over (5.0K reputation)13th Over (5.0K reputation)13th Over (5.0K reputation)13th Over (5.0K reputation)13th Over (5.0K reputation)13th Over (5.0K reputation)13th Over (5.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
John a rep handed me an aerosol can of an adhesion promoter. Said its what they use in between coats of paint on big commercial aircraft so they don't have to sand. Ever use anything like it?
Said it solved MAACO's lack of sanding. LOL

I deal with lots of the diy group some of them have really wacky ideas.

http://kbs.justoldtrucks.com/
Eddy.Lucast@remotedata.com
203-228-1961

Wolfcreek_Steve
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 15 hours ago
John Hanson (11/2/2016)
Actually, it's basically a liquid ceramic, Eddy. Goes on .0003 thick and totally clear, flexible and really tough. Great stuff!!  I used to own 10% of the company. :D  The primaries in the company pretty much screwed every chance we had of really marketing it, by their attitudes and policies.
I polished my Harley front end in '99 and applied Evershield on it...it still looks like I just polished it.

John, I've heard that this is the same stuff that was marketed to the car crowd some years back as "Zoopseal", any truth to this?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
“He, who is without oil, shall throw the first rod” Compressions 8.7:1
Steve Peterson
Central Wisconsin

Follow The Leaders For They Know The Way AUTOCAR

John Hanson
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Actually, it's basically a liquid ceramic, Eddy. Goes on .0003 thick and totally clear, flexible and really tough. Great stuff!!  I used to own 10% of the company. :D  The primaries in the company pretty much screwed every chance we had of really marketing it, by their attitudes and policies.
I polished my Harley front end in '99 and applied Evershield on it...it still looks like I just polished it.

Eddy Lucast
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (5.0K reputation)13th Over (5.0K reputation)13th Over (5.0K reputation)13th Over (5.0K reputation)13th Over (5.0K reputation)13th Over (5.0K reputation)13th Over (5.0K reputation)13th Over (5.0K reputation)13th Over (5.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
John this sounds like a 2k Poly Urethane or moisture cured urethane clearcoat, except the part about using lacquer thinner to clean as a prep method as most of them are contaminated once exposed to lacquer thinner.

http://kbs.justoldtrucks.com/
Eddy.Lucast@remotedata.com
203-228-1961

John Hanson
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Evershield would keep it looking like that for a long long time!!  https://eko-tech.com/automotive/evershield-automotive

Larry...same around here...nothing like that anymore. I was just talking to a grandson of one of the old Hiway Patrol's in the valley here... sharing some stories of the fun times we all had back then! They had a job to do but we had fun to have, and for the most part, we all got along. I had that kid laughing so hard!!  I still have great memories of those things...anymore you'd be in prison probably!! (or at least there'd be a whole bunch of people butt hurt about it!!)