Profile Picture

Freightliner FLC

Posted By kblackav8or 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (9 reputation)First Gear (9 reputation)First Gear (9 reputation)First Gear (9 reputation)First Gear (9 reputation)First Gear (9 reputation)First Gear (9 reputation)First Gear (9 reputation)First Gear (9 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Months Ago
Greetings K, I have been following your posts on both the KW and FL.  Your workmanship is very good.

I have put many miles on the older Freightliner conventionals, both for others and the 2007 FLD 120 I owned from 2014 until 6 weeks ago.  They are a nice cab to do a day's work in, especially being 6'2". A much nicer cab than either of the KW 900s I had ("A" models).

From a historical viewpoint your old FL has an interesting feature that your white parts cab does not.  The feature is actually a screw-up on Freightliner's part!  When that model first showed up around these parts the problem showed up immediately on our dusty gravel logging roads.  Dust stirred up by the left front tire went straight into the heater system.  This got modified fairly quickly, at least on the ones sold around northern BC for gravel road use.  The HVAC intake was moved up to the cowl near the right hand windshield wiper.  If yours will not see any gravel road use it might be an artifact worth retaining.  Keep up the good work.  Norman.
kblackav8or
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 40 minutes ago
Norman,
Thanks for the input.  I have thought long and hard on do I keep the old cab or not.  The ribs on the doors and that vent do make it interesting but given the holes in the roof and amount of metal work it seems to need and the fact the white cab is the severe service cab which I understand is less common, I am pretty sure I am going to combine the 2.  It may not be entirely original to those who know Freightliners but I think it will be a neat truck regardless. 

1986 Peterbilt 359, 1980 Freightliner FLC 12064
I do all my own stunts. 

kblackav8or
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 40 minutes ago
Well the FLC is going away now too.  After my marathon 4+ month work shift and probably another year and a half of this nonsense ahead I decided I have too much on my plate so I found a buyer and it is headed to a new owner. 

1986 Peterbilt 359, 1980 Freightliner FLC 12064
I do all my own stunts.