Profile Picture

Politics-Free Zone?

Posted By chtrout 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (606 reputation)5th Direct (606 reputation)5th Direct (606 reputation)5th Direct (606 reputation)5th Direct (606 reputation)5th Direct (606 reputation)5th Direct (606 reputation)5th Direct (606 reputation)5th Direct (606 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 minutes ago
politics and gasoline fumes give me headaches  try my best to stay out of both
Michelle Cole
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I have to vent sometime, I don't do it very often but I do have to speak up every now and then. Geoff you and I may not always agree on everything but I will always have respect for you and value you as a good friend. They are others that I don't always agree with but everyone has a right to their opinion. If you agree with anyone 100% of the time you are not thinking for yourself. With that said, may all my friends regardless of political persuasion and regardless of social persuasion may all of you have a blessed day and I love you all.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

Bruce Ohnstad
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (877 reputation)5th Direct (877 reputation)5th Direct (877 reputation)5th Direct (877 reputation)5th Direct (877 reputation)5th Direct (877 reputation)5th Direct (877 reputation)5th Direct (877 reputation)5th Direct (877 reputation)

Last Active: 15 hours ago
Interesting discussion and we find commonalities and differences amongst ourselves.  A previous post topic was alerting people to Oregon legislation proposing to tax old vehicles on the premise that they pollute.  The post had an off topic title that led folks to assert their opinions about people apparently different from themselves. 

The post subject was about legislation taxing vehicles that are old.  We don't have links to the actual legislation, any other analysis, or point of view of analysis.  We don't even have information if it was fake news put out to wind people up.  Some news corporations make their listeners really irate to keep them tuning in and .... staying irate.

A more helpful response, helpful for an exchange of ideas or even strategy, would be to find out what the legislation was and refute it factually or by using our experiences to form more reasoned and constructive responses. 

Bruce
Stretch
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Ditto
Brocky
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
wayne graham (2/16/2017)
Geoff, Very well put my friend.

Times 2.. Same here

Brocky
wayne graham
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Geoff, Very well put my friend.

I cried because I had no shoes till I met a man who had no class.
Geoff Weeks
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
I look at it like this:
1) not everyone is going to agree with me
2) Those that don't aren't likely to change their mind with what I say
3) I might sway some on the fence
4) I have the right to skip a thread that gets me hot under the collar
5) I am here to have fun and discuss things.
With those rules, I hope I can stay here and write what I feel or what is important at the time, and not worry if it strays into the political arena.
In forums where that have been problems, it is often where one person gets upset and can't fathom that someone is entitled to an opinion that differs from theirs. I don't insist that you agree with me, and don't insist that I agree with you and the world will keep turning.  
John Woge
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Fourth Gear (416 reputation)Fourth Gear (416 reputation)Fourth Gear (416 reputation)Fourth Gear (416 reputation)Fourth Gear (416 reputation)Fourth Gear (416 reputation)Fourth Gear (416 reputation)Fourth Gear (416 reputation)Fourth Gear (416 reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
Needle-Nose (2/15/2017)
Rick Knox (2/15/2017)
'When I was a kid I was told by wiser heads that you didn't discuss politics or religion for fear of offending others'

That's the trouble we have in the USA today, everyone is afraid of offending someone. NOT me, I saw what I think! Don't want my opinion, DON'T ask for it. Being afraid of talking politics because you might offended someone is what we have had id DC and what has gotten us into the mess were in.

Man you hit the nail on the head there Ricky, I tell most including my wife of 46 yr's that if you ask me a question or my opinion on something and there is the possibility you won't like the answer or threaten your "Safe Space" then maybe just don't ask.

RIGHT ON RICK !!
Jim Rose
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
In my youth I discussed politics, religion and abortion freely until I tired of getting hit in the nose.

Rick Knox (2/15/2017)
'When I was a kid I was told by wiser heads that you didn't discuss politics or religion for fear of offending others'

That's the trouble we have in the USA today, everyone is afraid of offending someone. NOT me, I saw what I think! Don't want my opinion, DON'T ask for it. Being afraid of talking politics because you might offended someone is what we have had id DC and what has gotten us into the mess were in.

Doug Blevins
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Fourth Gear (429 reputation)Fourth Gear (429 reputation)Fourth Gear (429 reputation)Fourth Gear (429 reputation)Fourth Gear (429 reputation)Fourth Gear (429 reputation)Fourth Gear (429 reputation)Fourth Gear (429 reputation)Fourth Gear (429 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
[, this pc crap is what got us here.

Maybe we need to get modern and go DI......LOL   (Cat joke for the Detroit, and Cummins guys in case you didn't get it)

whole bunch of scrap iron! some actually runs! Most just eat money and take up space in my yard