Profile Picture

RC180 Parts

Posted By BinderGuyKyle 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
GeoffWeeks (3/1/2017)
Don't guess (and no a 220 would not be in a r180) look on the block (not the head) between #1 and #2 cyl on the sparkplug side of the engine, there will be a pad with the engine number STAMPED into the pad. It will start with a two or three letter code for the engine family, followed by the 3 digit displacement then the engine serial number.
 Brakes are likely remover and re-line, drums will be hard to locate so hopefully you don't need drums. Wheel cyl cups can be purchased  by size.

yes I think mine is 308. last time I looked. snowing and cold here so I didn't bother to go out side, LOL
BinderGuyKyle
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)First Gear (66 reputation)

Jeeperscreepers (3/1/2017)
Kyle,  As Geoff said, you need to id your engine. You can have a 269, 282, or a 308.  As Geoff indicated, the engine id will be on a flat surface and you may have to take sand paper or a wire brush to clean it.  I would strongly recommend you get an MT-98 parts manual.  There's one on ebay now for ten bucks.  It will be the best money you'll spend on your truck.  It will also give you great insight as to how things go together and what parts you might be missing.  Buy it!!!  

Thanks guys and yes I think its the 308 from the last research I did on my engine. I will try to get some new photo's been getting high 50s near me. so I will start with more progress on it soon
Jeeperscreepers
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Kyle,  As Geoff said, you need to id your engine. You can have a 269, 282, or a 308.  As Geoff indicated, the engine id will be on a flat surface and you may have to take sand paper or a wire brush to clean it.  I would strongly recommend you get an MT-98 parts manual.  There's one on ebay now for ten bucks.  It will be the best money you'll spend on your truck.  It will also give you great insight as to how things go together and what parts you might be missing.  Buy it!!!  

Dan Cornett
Geoff Weeks
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)

There was a special version of the 282 and 308 used in cabover trucks that had a low mount distributor. For a long  time I thought the dist placement was a sure way to tell what block, but I was fooled once. The cabover block had the distributor mounted on an external drive just above the oil pan.  All later 282 and 308 block had the pad, but they weren't milled to accept the external drive.
 Best way to be sure what is in it, is from the engine number stamping.
Hamish
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
BinderGuyKyle (3/1/2017)
Finally got my IH running, where can I find brake parts? engine parts? i talked to the owner he said its the lowest 6 cyl those trucks had.. SO maybe Black Diamond 220??
Where may I be able to find a Main fuel tank for my RC180. it is missing, along with the Front hood Icon, and Mirrors.
also Vintage style fifth wheel? Thanks

Kyle, I think the conventional R180 series trucks used the Super Black Diamond 282 engine which I think was a later version of the old Blue Diamond engines used in the K6/7 and KB6/7 trucks. If the engine in your truck has a high mounted distributor then it will be one of those engines rather than a Silver Diamond or Black Diamond 220/240/264.
Geoff Weeks
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)

Don't guess (and no a 220 would not be in a r180) look on the block (not the head) between #1 and #2 cyl on the sparkplug side of the engine, there will be a pad with the engine number STAMPED into the pad. It will start with a two or three letter code for the engine family, followed by the 3 digit displacement then the engine serial number.
 Brakes are likely remover and re-line, drums will be hard to locate so hopefully you don't need drums. Wheel cyl cups can be purchased  by size.
BinderGuyKyle
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

Finally got my IH running, where can I find brake parts? engine parts? i talked to the owner he said its the lowest 6 cyl those trucks had.. SO maybe Black Diamond 220??
Where may I be able to find a Main fuel tank for my RC180. it is missing, along with the Front hood Icon, and Mirrors.
also Vintage style fifth wheel? Thanks