Profile Picture

Introductory.

Posted By Waidrill 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi all.

I've found myself reading this forum a bit recently while planning/doing truck/bus repairs and modifications.

So in the theory of "borrow it enough times then time it's time to get your own" I decided I'd better to sign up and start my future searches here rather than google leading me here.

So I'm Hayden and I run my own business in the lower north island of New Zealand. Currently have 4 trucks, and the most recent purchases still being some 20 years old, and they are replacing the almost 40 year old ones.
Most of my trucks have permanent machinery mounted on them so I don't do a lot of kms in most of them. Just job to job moving weekly/fortnightly/monthly as required.

I have an
80(ish) Nissan diesel 6x4 with 13speed road ranger.
This has machinery on the back and blown drive motor. Part of the machinery has been replace with a crane (next listed) and some of the machinery is still to come off and become trailer/twist lock mounted.

Next up is a 96 Isuzu forward, Japanese gearbox, crane truck.
Was purchased when the Nissan motor blew in peak season, the crane immediatly replaced the lifting rig, with the trailer mounted remains being towed rather than permanent mount when I get a round to it ... hahaha.
Crane is 12m boom with a 3ton close range lift, auger with 700kgm of torque can stay in by pivot for crane work and be extended 12 meters for auger work.

Next up
79 international acco 3070b, 8x4
903 cummins with Jacobs and 15 speed road ranger, PTO hydraulics,
strong motor rebuilt reasonably recently by previous owner.
Still in use drilling for water with permanent machinery mounted 20t tare, however the truck has reached replacement over repair time and will be replaced by the most recent purchase,

A 96 mitsi shogun cab chassis, 8x4, 18 speed road ranger, cross lock diffs, no motor,
I was going to get the mitsi motor for it and mount my cummins on the back with the rig for just hydraulics so the whole rig can twist lock on and off, but I now (think) I'm going to mount a smaller (perfectly paired to hydraulics) diesel on the back with the drilling rig, and put the cummins into the mitsi with the 18 speed,

I've done 4 years of driving the cummins in the acco and the deep reduction has never worked in this time, yet I have gotten by with it as basically a 10 speed, and would have only ever needed a bit more power a few times, so it should be sweet with the 18 speed, and there should be plenty of room to add a turbo if needed anyway.

And last of all it's not a truck but it is definitely old,
1971 Mercedes O302 12 meter bus, 5 speed merc box, twin ratio diff, sound mechanical drive train, needs the whole "get everything working" treatment as far as heaters and interior lights, ect, and the body needs rust and paint jobs then ready for the full kit out.
This is in project state to be built up as a motor home style with dog transport, (which we breed too) so can't go away for long without a sitter for 10 dogs. Or a long day trip because we can't stay away and enjoy a trip with dogs at home.

Anyway that's a bit about what I've got and what I'm planning on doing with it.

I'll be lurking around on here at times and now if I can possibly answer something I'll be able to,

Happy trucking/fixing anyway guys.

Eddy Lucast
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 55 minutes ago
Waidrill

Welcome, glad you introduced your self

http://kbs.justoldtrucks.com/
Eddy.Lucast@remotedata.com
203-228-1961

Junkmandan
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Waid------Welcome to this forum......................in 2009, wife Jan and I celebrated our 50th anniversary in your country, plus Australia..
wayne graham
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 1:09:43 AM
Welcome aboard friend. We have a few guys already from your part of the world and I find it extremely interesting to learn about your country and the neighbors. We have pumped our buddy Ron Kirk for more info than one could get from an encyclopedia along with the others. We like the trucks and learning about your corner of this old planet and if there is any that I can pass on about this place feel free to ask.

I cried because I had no shoes till I met a man who had no class.
Waidrill
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I'll have to get some photos up of the beasts soon, the older ones at times remind me more of mad max than a classic haha, but it is what it is.
We certainly do have a different range of things here, or the same stuff with a different name, (the Ausie's do that when they pinch our other ideas)

The ACCO is for Australian Constructed Cab Over, not sure how far they got exported,

While the mitsi shogun is known in most other parts as just a Mitsubishi Fuso. I think it's only called a shogun in nz, Wikipedia told me that bit anyway when I was first trying to research it and finding not much.

Love to share and answer anything i can for anyone interested in the differences or similarities over this side.