Profile Picture

Hello to all!

Posted By C_hasbeen 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (90 reputation)First Gear (90 reputation)First Gear (90 reputation)First Gear (90 reputation)First Gear (90 reputation)First Gear (90 reputation)First Gear (90 reputation)First Gear (90 reputation)First Gear (90 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

Hieveryone, thanks for letting me be a part of this forum.   I had a fairbit of good luck over the past couple of weeks; I was able to negotiate a dealfor a truck that I have known since I was 7 or 8 years old.  I rememberthe first time I saw and heard it come by our house and turn into the neighborsplace. I have it paid for and scheduled to be transported to where I livenow.  This is quite a happy thing, I have had an admiration for this trucksince I was about 7 or 8 years old, once before had an opportunity to pick itup but did not have a place to put it, but now I do.  I am expecting thiswhite to arrive here sometime late next week.  My brother was able to goby and grab a couple of snapshots for me after I completed the deal, and I havea couple that I took 8 or 10 years back.  All I know is it is a Whitetractor single axle with a brownie auxiliary transmission I believe for somereason that it is a 49 but I do not know why I think that, maybe something Iheard when I was younger. Dad had GMC's Ford's and International trucks butnever any White. I am ridiculously happy!  I did not know for sure whereto post this and if this is not the best location I apologize.http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/uploads/images/dace0665-f56d-421b-a32a-30d5.jpghttp://forums.justoldtrucks.com/uploads/images/99b4142c-4730-43b5-8b11-3f33.jpg

Clifford Gallington
Topeka, Ks.

aw12345
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Fourth Gear (595 reputation)Fourth Gear (595 reputation)Fourth Gear (595 reputation)Fourth Gear (595 reputation)Fourth Gear (595 reputation)Fourth Gear (595 reputation)Fourth Gear (595 reputation)Fourth Gear (595 reputation)Fourth Gear (595 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Cool, old trucks are fun to tinker with
wayne graham
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
Looks like a project to me. I think you will find you have come to the right place so welcome aboard. We have a few on here that are familiar with the old whites. I am sure they will be along soon. Jeff, Tony and Bill. Ya got a new playmate.

I cried because I had no shoes till I met a man who had no class.
Jeff Lakaszcyck
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Rocket Scientist

Rocket Scientist (11.6K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.6K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.6K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.6K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.6K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.6K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.6K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.6K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 21 minutes ago
Welcome aboard Clifford ! I love you new truck. It looks like a '49-'53 WC28. It most likely has the White 280A engine which was 501 ci, 184 hp. I had a really rough '49 WC28 that I parted out as I needed the engine for my '48 WB28. They are neat trucks, I think you will enjoy yours. You can see my blog in the member's section.

Jeff
Tony Bullard
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Welcome, Glifford. Is the trailer coming home too?

Tony
C_hasbeen
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (90 reputation)First Gear (90 reputation)First Gear (90 reputation)First Gear (90 reputation)First Gear (90 reputation)First Gear (90 reputation)First Gear (90 reputation)First Gear (90 reputation)First Gear (90 reputation)

Thanks everyone!
Tony the trailer was part of the initial purchase, however a friend of my brother is purchasing it, I am not for sure what his plans are for it, it has 3/8 steel deck plate for the floor.

Clifford Gallington
Topeka, Ks.

C_hasbeen
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

Thanks!  I can't wait to look at the block number to confirm the engine size, I will head over to the members section and look at your stuff.     this is a snapshot my brother grabbed of the engine.http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/uploads/images/e893e1de-b7ad-4ce6-8918-4c42.jpghttp://forums.justoldtrucks.com/uploads/images/840cf2bf-108b-4bcb-a490-fa1a.jpghttp://forums.justoldtrucks.com/uploads/images/f113b159-82bd-447d-8d46-5ec3.jpg

Clifford Gallington
Topeka, Ks.

Shifty
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Fourth Gear (568 reputation)Fourth Gear (568 reputation)Fourth Gear (568 reputation)Fourth Gear (568 reputation)Fourth Gear (568 reputation)Fourth Gear (568 reputation)Fourth Gear (568 reputation)Fourth Gear (568 reputation)Fourth Gear (568 reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Great to find out about another old White gunna be fixed up.
Might look like a challenge, but well worth it especially when you can relate to that particular truck.
 Looks like maybe a split manifold. Those are better sounding.
 You got the grill guard too. Whites had the best style of any truck, but that grill guard made them look rugged.
I would reconsider the drop deck. You might want that later on.

You'll find some White info. here.  http://classicwhitetrucks.com/

Bruce Ohnstad
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (913 reputation)5th Direct (913 reputation)5th Direct (913 reputation)5th Direct (913 reputation)5th Direct (913 reputation)5th Direct (913 reputation)5th Direct (913 reputation)5th Direct (913 reputation)5th Direct (913 reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago

Looks like it hasn't had parts removed and it has little rust-through, so you have a good, fun, start.  Nice great plains truck, what kind of work did it do in its career?  Clean it up and make an list of to-do, see if the engine is able to start, after that it get less daunting.  If it is a WC it will have a metal frame cab and doors, considerably easier to restore than the earlier wood frame cabs.  What are the extra gauges below the standard instruments?

Does the rear axle have White name cast on the pumpkin housing?  The rear axle ratio would be stamped on the pinion carrier.  If you have a shift diagram you might see if it is 5th overdrive or 5th direct, these clues will give you an idea of its road speed.  I'd also like to know if the rear suspension uses a radius rod or normal spring setup?

If you do want to register and post on www.classsicwhitetrucks.com it can give good continuity on similar restorations.

Bruce

Tony Bullard
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Isn't this round know a vacuum two speed axle control?

Tony