Profile Picture

My 79 Autocar

Posted By WinchWench Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I'm new to JustOldTrucks. This is my '79 Autocar. I hope to post more pictures in the future.

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/uploads/images/1bc60ef3-1ae0-4d13-b84a-9c56.jpg

Here is a picture of the '74 from last year.

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/uploads/images/437b16a9-d56f-4038-87b5-50ea.jpg

Same show, both trucks.

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/uploads/images/31d5beff-1873-4add-8f66-53f4.jpg

Stretch
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Welcome !
We can always use a good gin pole truck.
More pictures when you get a chance. Looks familiar.
Tony Bullard
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Neat looking Acar. I wonder if it didn't once belong to Dean A. or his daughter.

Tony
Jeff Lakaszcyck
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Rocket Scientist

Rocket Scientist (11.4K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.4K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.4K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.4K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.4K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.4K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.4K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.4K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.4K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 23 minutes ago
I was wondering the same thing Tony. Great looking Acar !

Jeff
79starcar
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (24 reputation)First Gear (24 reputation)First Gear (24 reputation)First Gear (24 reputation)First Gear (24 reputation)First Gear (24 reputation)First Gear (24 reputation)First Gear (24 reputation)First Gear (24 reputation)

Way too cool! Was Autocar still part of white in 79?

Ash to ash, dust to dust, if it wasn’t for chicken trucks that left lane would rust
79starcar
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (24 reputation)First Gear (24 reputation)First Gear (24 reputation)First Gear (24 reputation)First Gear (24 reputation)First Gear (24 reputation)First Gear (24 reputation)First Gear (24 reputation)First Gear (24 reputation)

Way too cool! Was Autocar still part of white in 79?

Ash to ash, dust to dust, if it wasn’t for chicken trucks that left lane would rust
WinchWench
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)

Yes, I'm Dean's daughter. I miss him a lot, especially this time of year. We will be going to one of his favorite local shows at the end of the month. I still have both trucks. I was going to sell them, but just couldn't do it. I was surfing-up old Autocar pictures last night, and ran across this site. I signed-up because I like old trucks, and have a couple. I know just enough about trucks to get myself in trouble. I hope I can enjoy this site, make some friends, get advice, and have a good time. I'm not a trucker. I have only two trucking stories that are my own, but I was raised around trucks, and I really like them. I don't do much social media because I lack the social skill most folks have. I don't even know if I'm doing this right. Hopefully, it will post OK. This is a great site. I hope folks will talk to me, even though I'm not a trucker. My truck show experience hasn't been good. I've seen a man with a genuine old-style Autocar cap walk right past me, and never say a word, even though I brought two big Autocars to the show. I get it. Not a trucker, a woman, and only two stories. Still, If you see me at a show, ask me about the trucks.

The '79 is mine. I didn't build it, but I had it built to my specifications, at least, to the extent I could afford it. It doesn't have the Cat engine I always wanted, but the 290 Big Cam Cummins runs strong. The '74, of course, was dad's. It is a beautiful. truck, and I love driving it, even though switching from the 8LL to the 13-Speed often frustrates me. I love the sounds, the smells, and seeing the shadow running along the side of the road.
Wolfcreek_Steve
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Welcome "Deans Daughter"! I don't know if Dean every became a member of this site, but many of us who frequent here, remember him for his participation on the ATHS forum. He told some great informative housemoving stories, and his love for old time trucking and Autocars was genuine.
You are definitely in the minority here as we only have one other lady contributor, (that I know of) but don't let that stop you from participating. There are many here that aren't truckers, myself included, but we are here because we enjoy old trucks.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
“He, who is without oil, shall throw the first rod” Compressions 8.7:1
Steve Peterson
Central Wisconsin

Follow The Leaders For They Know The Way AUTOCAR

Michael Yarnall
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Third Gear

Third Gear (229 reputation)Third Gear (229 reputation)Third Gear (229 reputation)Third Gear (229 reputation)Third Gear (229 reputation)Third Gear (229 reputation)Third Gear (229 reputation)Third Gear (229 reputation)Third Gear (229 reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 12:58:49 AM
Welcome to the forum WinchWench. We have a lot in common. I am not a truck drive but I was raised around trucks and I also own two Autocars. I have had people sit on my truck’s step and ignore me, but most people are great. I never met your father but remember his posts. There are lots of good people here. I check the site every night.
Let’s see some more pictures.
Mike

Michael Yarnall,

Boyertown, PA
Junkmandan
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Dean Ashby's Daughter.............. We all miss Dean, and knew you had a truck somewhat similar to Dean's............at least the same color.   Thanks for coming aboard as a 2nd generation is always nice to carry on the family tradition.  I didn't have thegood relationship with my dad, so I left the dairy farm, joined the Army, got VA schooling in Diesel Technology and put over 50 years in the industry, NOT as a driver.   I'm a little rusty at 85, but wasn't Dean RVP  somewhere in the years I served .........2000-2007 ?   As I tell my 3 girls........."You Go Girl" !