Profile Picture

Another 14613 question

Posted By Skipped_Link Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
There are different slave valves and they are plumbed differently, so best to match up which valve you have with the book. IIRC there are 3 different valves that could be used.All do the same thing but are ported different so lines are in different places.
Skipped_Link
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Fourth Gear (509 reputation)Fourth Gear (509 reputation)Fourth Gear (509 reputation)Fourth Gear (509 reputation)Fourth Gear (509 reputation)Fourth Gear (509 reputation)Fourth Gear (509 reputation)Fourth Gear (509 reputation)Fourth Gear (509 reputation)

Excellent info, just what I needed. thank you Tony!
Tony Bullard
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
There is a plumbing schematic in the RT 14613 Service Manual Here in our document library.

Tony
Skipped_Link
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Fourth Gear (509 reputation)Fourth Gear (509 reputation)Fourth Gear (509 reputation)Fourth Gear (509 reputation)Fourth Gear (509 reputation)Fourth Gear (509 reputation)Fourth Gear (509 reputation)Fourth Gear (509 reputation)Fourth Gear (509 reputation)

I was going to just add to my existing post, but figured this subject might be better on its own,
Could someone double check my thoughts on the shifter plumbing,

In the pic the left most lower fitting is supply air to the range portion of the shifter, with the selector down it supplies air to fitting farthest to the right, engaging low range,
When the selector is "up" supply air is blocked & the far right exhausts air out the shift knob, this allowes the transmission to shift to the high side & also supplies air to the splitter portion of the shift knob via the upper left fitting (green hose in the pic)
That supplied air is used to shift the splitter, (air to the splitter for high,then supply air blocked & the line to the splitter is exhausted through the shift handle for low)
Is this mapped out correctly?