Profile Picture

Engine dilema KW FRTL

Posted By kblackav8or 6 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Fourth Gear (400 reputation)Fourth Gear (400 reputation)Fourth Gear (400 reputation)Fourth Gear (400 reputation)Fourth Gear (400 reputation)Fourth Gear (400 reputation)Fourth Gear (400 reputation)Fourth Gear (400 reputation)Fourth Gear (400 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
used ta have a few 16v71s layin round from off road end dumps back in the days I did the gold mine stuff
mosta the stuff ended up goin ta scrappers   as even the ones that didn't have ;;;ventilated;; blocks didn't have much left
did save some parts though
Wolfcreek_Steve
Posted 6 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Needle-Nose (1/12/2019)
Freightrain (1/11/2019)
$2250 for a full dressed 8v92?   Cheap!!  
Don't think anyone has posted the link of the guy on Youtube that blew up a 16v71 genset?  Everyone was crying about it.  He kept stating, come pay the $800 and take it away.  His local scrapper had a couple of them and no one wanted it.  He blows it up and everyone stomps their feet and has a fit.

Larry you see and hear that all the time, save this, save that and ragging on someone because the build or alter something to suit their vision of what they want. Unfortunately this has come to the forfront I feel due to the anonymity of the Internet. Ya wanna save it then belly up to the bar with your billfold in hand.

I've gone through this with my hot rods, but you never see them on the road with their pristine restoration. (in their words, it's to precious to take out of the garage)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
“He, who is without oil, shall throw the first rod” Compressions 8.7:1
Steve Peterson
Central Wisconsin

Follow The Leaders For They Know The Way AUTOCAR

Needle-Nose
Posted 6 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (803 reputation)5th Direct (803 reputation)5th Direct (803 reputation)5th Direct (803 reputation)5th Direct (803 reputation)5th Direct (803 reputation)5th Direct (803 reputation)5th Direct (803 reputation)5th Direct (803 reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Freightrain (1/11/2019)
Don't think anyone has posted the link of the guy on Youtube that blew up a 16v71 genset?  Everyone was crying about it.  He kept stating, come pay the $800 and take it away.  His local scrapper had a couple of them and no one wanted it.  He blows it up and everyone stomps their feet and has a fit.

Larry you see and hear that all the time, save this, save that and ragging on someone because the build or alter something to suit their vision of what they want. Unfortunately this has come to the forfront I feel due to the anonymity of the Internet. Ya wanna save it then belly up to the bar with your billfold in hand.

Be careful when you follow the MASSES......sometimes the "M" is silent.

Freightrain
Posted 6 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.2K reputation)6th Over (2.2K reputation)6th Over (2.2K reputation)6th Over (2.2K reputation)6th Over (2.2K reputation)6th Over (2.2K reputation)6th Over (2.2K reputation)6th Over (2.2K reputation)6th Over (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago

Larry

I'm no expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Junkmandan
Posted 6 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Exhaust manifolds, blower air inlet housing have been reversed and relocated with a little creativity .
WalterACRS
Posted 6 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Months Ago
Tony Bullard (1/10/2019)
Walter did you see the Oshkosh or Walter sitting in the weeds on the north side of I90 just west of Amsterdam or Fultonville / Fonda?

No, I haven’t been that way to Fultonville in a many years.
Tony Bullard
Posted 6 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Walter did you see the Oshkosh or Walter sitting in the weeds on the north side of I90 just west of Amsterdam or Fultonville / Fonda?

Tony
WalterACRS
Posted 6 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)

Geoff Weeks (1/10/2019)
Air compressor and Alt are ALWAYS driven off the FLywheel end on a -92, or at least all the one I've seen are.

I thought they made them both ways... if not I might have to rethink my plans... but the exhaust is a problem as well.
Geoff Weeks
Posted 6 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Air compressor and Alt are ALWAYS driven off the FLywheel end on a -92, or at least all the one I've seen are.
WalterACRS
Posted 6 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

Junkmandan (1/10/2019)
Yes, flywheels from 6 and 8V92 , also interchange with 60 series, I believe .    6V92 only uses 6 capscrews , while V8 and 60 series use 12 .

And Walter-----------Who told you those military engines ain't TA ?

I know they are 8V92TA models the problem is they have the exhaust, alternator and air compressor on the flywheel end of the engine. I need the layout to be reversed to fit into the conventional cab of a NCUS. Oh, allison’s Are the devil’s work. I am an Manual gearbox only guy.