Profile Picture

Looking For Old Snow Equipment Pictures

Posted By farmstuff 2 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
I'm new welcome me

I'm new welcome me (2 reputation)I'm new welcome me (2 reputation)I'm new welcome me (2 reputation)I'm new welcome me (2 reputation)I'm new welcome me (2 reputation)I'm new welcome me (2 reputation)I'm new welcome me (2 reputation)I'm new welcome me (2 reputation)I'm new welcome me (2 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I hope it's acceptable to post this ......
I am a new member. I'm also a veteran of 45 years as a truck driver, and, I do some freelance writing for a magazine which is the reason for this post.
I'm currently working on an article about snow plows and snow machinery, particularly the type that state or municipal highway crews would use. The magazine is called Classic Farm and Tractor https://greenmagazine.com/product/green-magazine-subscription/ 
The primary focus of this magazine is farms and rural life in the 1950s to the 1990s.  What I am looking for is a few, hi-resolution pictures of the old snow plows, particularly those that were only brought out in the heavy storms; the Oshkosh, FWDs, and so on.  I can't pay anything, but if you can contribute a picture, or pictures, I can give you credit in the article and send you a copy of the magazine with it in.

My deadline is at the end of this coming week...... sorry for the short notice, I was on the road all week!
Please email them to me, or, if you have any questions send those to me at edw.maas@gmail.com
Eddy Lucast
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (5.0K reputation)13th direct (5.0K reputation)13th direct (5.0K reputation)13th direct (5.0K reputation)13th direct (5.0K reputation)13th direct (5.0K reputation)13th direct (5.0K reputation)13th direct (5.0K reputation)13th direct (5.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Have you looked thru the "Old snow plow" sub-forum? You'll find it at the bottom of our homepage.

I would also check with the Zoe James Memorial Library at the American Truck Historical Society in Kansas City. They've digitized their photo collection and likely have what you're looking for.

http://kbs.justoldtrucks.com/
Eddy.Lucast@remotedata.com
203-228-1961

Junkmandan
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
Farmer Brown--------Don't forget the Walters , that was a brand from upstate New York with it's 100% Positive Drive .