Profile Picture

'83 White Road Boss 2

Posted By Dan Bruno 2 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Any more info on the Road Boss? For sale? Price? Thx
Junkmandan
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Last June, on our 1st trip to my NY roots, a bus load out of Lancaster Pa came to a farm a mile away to help get the new neighbor started on his 200 acre farm . They removed woven wire fencing from the previous sheep farmer, blus other basic clean up .   Back again in early August for the Brockway reunion, , this new Mennonite  farmer has a multicolored tractor on hard rubber and he's spearing round bales, then speedshifting the tractor as he consolidates the bales to be hauled home on his special bale carrier.   So I stop him to see how he can upshift without grinding gears loaded.  Found out it  was a cheap foreign John Deere chassis with a Perkins engine he'd installed in PA, that also had a foot throttle , allowing the easier engine throttle control, so he could gittr dun .  October, I took him a keg of carriage bolts my dad had for building a rack for a wagon . He insisted I accept his home made yogert and a dozen eggs .
TomC750
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Third Gear

Third Gear (243 reputation)Third Gear (243 reputation)Third Gear (243 reputation)Third Gear (243 reputation)Third Gear (243 reputation)Third Gear (243 reputation)Third Gear (243 reputation)Third Gear (243 reputation)Third Gear (243 reputation)

Mennonite
Brocky
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
The black bumper group were most likely Mennonite?? Liberal Amish?? Black cars with the chrome painted over. Modern farm tractors on steel wheels, things like that.

Brocky
Jim Rose
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
They were known as the black bumper amish.

Eddy Lucast (3/26/2019)
We had Amish neighbors on my stepdads farm. He was working 4 farms. He sold one to an Amish family they'd stay a few years and sell the farm back to us. Several years later they'd reappear and repurchase the farm. I lost track of how many times that farm went back and forth.
We had one young man who worked for us. He'd arrive in a buggy in the morning, work all day, drive the buggy to town and park it. Then he'd hop in his Plymouth Road Runner no one was suppose to know about, have fun and then return home in his buggy. LOL

One family had a new tractor, minus the tires and wheels mounted on a wagon pulled by a team of horses. They used the PTO.

A good friend I grew up with had cousins, he said, were Amish, they'd come to visit and had a car with all chrome painted black.

Eddy Lucast
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (5.0K reputation)13th direct (5.0K reputation)13th direct (5.0K reputation)13th direct (5.0K reputation)13th direct (5.0K reputation)13th direct (5.0K reputation)13th direct (5.0K reputation)13th direct (5.0K reputation)13th direct (5.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 9 hours ago
We had Amish neighbors on my stepdads farm. He was working 4 farms. He sold one to an Amish family they'd stay a few years and sell the farm back to us. Several years later they'd reappear and repurchase the farm. I lost track of how many times that farm went back and forth.
We had one young man who worked for us. He'd arrive in a buggy in the morning, work all day, drive the buggy to town and park it. Then he'd hop in his Plymouth Road Runner no one was suppose to know about, have fun and then return home in his buggy. LOL

One family had a new tractor, minus the tires and wheels mounted on a wagon pulled by a team of horses. They used the PTO.

A good friend I grew up with had cousins, he said, were Amish, they'd come to visit and had a car with all chrome painted black.

http://kbs.justoldtrucks.com/
Eddy.Lucast@remotedata.com
203-228-1961

Brocky
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)

Especially when clustered into groups the Amish seem to make a living on small farms that no one else can.. They bought up a lot of the small one man / 30 head dairy farms after the bulk milk tank era closed them.  There is a large area of NYS north east of Utica NY and also in central Ohio.

Brocky
TomC750
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Third Gear

Third Gear (243 reputation)Third Gear (243 reputation)Third Gear (243 reputation)Third Gear (243 reputation)Third Gear (243 reputation)Third Gear (243 reputation)Third Gear (243 reputation)Third Gear (243 reputation)Third Gear (243 reputation)

I think we recently counted about 9 Amish families that have moved within a few miles of our place up North. I an buying material for a privacy fence from an Amish mill (powered by a Deutz diesel no less) and will be erected by a young Amish dude from just up the road. He will be using a power nailer. How it gets it's power, I don't know.
rubbishman
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
I believe a number of war surplus Jeep engines got pressed into home-brew contraptions also.

H.S.Blake
1971 IH VCO(T)-190 Leach 2R Packmaster
Fawnskin, CA 6,750 feet above tidewater
Brocky
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

Back in the Mid 80's when the Wagon Wheel Diner was still in Paradise PA on US 30, the Amish teenagers would pull up in their horse and buggy to get on the pay phone..

Brocky