Profile Picture

Tony

Posted By Aaron 2 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.6K reputation)13th direct (3.6K reputation)13th direct (3.6K reputation)13th direct (3.6K reputation)13th direct (3.6K reputation)13th direct (3.6K reputation)13th direct (3.6K reputation)13th direct (3.6K reputation)13th direct (3.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
It’s not like I know what I’m doing. I’m at the age where I like thinking better than doing. This is going to be a learning experience. It might take me a year or more to finish it. I am a little familiar with the newer components that make up a CNC system. They are less complicated and more plug and play. It’s basically going to be a computer motherboard, solid state hard drive, power supply like this.

And a bunch of little things like this.

I need something to take up my mind.

Tony
Geoff Weeks
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 16 hours ago
Anything that requires a grounding wristband, is something I don't want to deal with. Electro-mechanical is something I understand, damn near bullet proof as well. get into the digital stuff, and while I can respect the versatility, it can be a pain to deal with, good luck! 
Aaron
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Way above my pay grade.

Driving the greenies nuts
http://www.killcarb.com/
Tony Bullard
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.6K reputation)13th direct (3.6K reputation)13th direct (3.6K reputation)13th direct (3.6K reputation)13th direct (3.6K reputation)13th direct (3.6K reputation)13th direct (3.6K reputation)13th direct (3.6K reputation)13th direct (3.6K reputation)

Geoff Weeks (4/21/2019)
If Tony is out, I'll try and pick up the slack.

Please do Geoff. Coming at it from a different angle should help get this thing going.
Plus I'm on to a new project. I bought a 4800# 4 axis CNC miller with the electronics smoked.

They are 30 years old and I'm going to retrofit it with all new servos, computer boards, control panel and software. It should be a fun project and when finished I give it my son-in-law to play with.
This is some of the stuff that has to be replaced.

And yeah ya gotta wear the grounding wrist band when working on this stuff.

Tony
Aaron
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)

I didn't do a thing to it today, I played catch up with a weed wacker and ride on mower.

Geoff Weeks
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)

Last Active: 16 hours ago
If Tony is out, I'll try and pick up the slack.
Aaron
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
13th direct

I'm on it.
Thank you

Tony Bullard
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
13th direct

Aaron go back to here http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/FindPost142659.aspx and ground the generator "B" terminal and do the checks. If all is good get a VR20. I'm gonna be gone for a couple of days. I'll check back later.

Tony
Aaron
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
13th direct

IHa, I finally got this lump to run, it still rumbles a bit but it doesn't kill bugs and runs under a load around the yard.
   I ended up pulling one set of points and fileing them square so they would adjust correct, a hotter set of plugs and needed to raise the float a hair so it would run under load, went thru the wiring harnessed it up nicely,ran 12 ga wire to the gen,  did put the old regulator back in line just in case, zilch, pushing the arm points closed it will discharge  but the field winding set doesn't move, it looks like time for another reg.
 I went back and looked over the older posts and it looked like we're still up in the air about which reg to use, any ides yet.

Aaron
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
13th direct

Its those numbers Tony, nothing comes up anywhere on this thing, I checked with a guy in NY that deals in antique spark plugs nothing on this one but the next engine was something like a 175 and he had spark plugs for it, I also contacted Ric Deas who wrote a book on the Scotts and he didn't run across one in his research, I am waiting for the fire coach guys and Billy Moon to get back to me if they have ever run across it, what this engine seems to be is being built for Fageol, as Fageol and Hall Scott were in Oaklamd and Berkley in those years.
 I wish this carb was like that but its not, the only adjustment is the air fuel needle and the main jet and compensater are in the middle of the carb one inside of the other,here again nothing to be found on it either from what I've seen The carb Shop shows a listing for it for a kit but Jon doesn't have anything on it except a bill of materials sheet.  http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/uploads/images/494d7fbc-2085-426b-93fa-4d7c.jpg

The biggest problem with it was the float level,that was 90% of my smoke and plug fouling,  O and the last guy in it thought silicone was the gasket maker of choice for this, so its been tanked and cleaned.
 I was out of town yesterday and today doesn't look too promising yet either but I nay pull the dist and see whats going on with it if anything.