Profile Picture

living dangrously

Posted By Geoff Weeks 5 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Geoff Weeks (5/29/2019)
Junkmandan (5/29/2019)
.....Do you mix oil in the fuel 

Not if thing are working properly!

I thought that was done automatically by the blower seals. I know one I had used to smoke a lot. And after a long time at idle it would scavenge up the extra oil and almost run away when you hit the peddle. We didn't have a mosquito problem.

Tony
Geoff Weeks
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Junkmandan (5/29/2019)
.....Do you mix oil in the fuel 

Not if thing are working properly!
Junkmandan
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)

I was lining up my pickup for the parade yesterday, when a "car guy" about 65 year old expressed an interest...........so I raised the hood to show him my "big block.   He asked what it was , and I told him it was a 2 stroke.   His next question was..........Do you mix oil in the fuel ?..............Facebook pages can be frustrating, but I almost always try to give helpful solutions .

scsiguy - still
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Third Gear

Third Gear (355 reputation)Third Gear (355 reputation)Third Gear (355 reputation)Third Gear (355 reputation)Third Gear (355 reputation)Third Gear (355 reputation)Third Gear (355 reputation)Third Gear (355 reputation)Third Gear (355 reputation)

rubbishman (5/25/2019)
scsiguy - still (5/25/2019)

Geoff Weeks (5/25/2019)
While I would agree with most of what you said, when people are "instructing others" while not understanding themselves, is where I draw the line. No, you don't need to mix antifreeze to account for the "windchill", and not understanding that both axles receive power at all times can get someone hurt.
 I have been wrong and learned from the experience, but it does amaze me that those that hold themselves out as "experts" can do so while being so off base.  

AMEN to that.

Agree.
One thing I wanted to say many times before is that this group is much more accepting of things than say the "Jelopy" and "Red" board that would chew me up and spit me out if I posted some of my blabbering over there. I don't know much except ancient garbage trucks and certain obsolete IH stuff and apprieceate the help I've got with things over here.

I agree, but you gotta admit that you don't have much competition in your chosen field of collecting. 
Another thing about the "dumb" questions.  Of the ones I mentioned previous, no one made fun of the posters, but I'm sure there were a lot of eyes rolling in the background.  Still, you have to realize that these guys/kids' might be the one's that keep this hobby going in the future.  It just sad that a whole generation(s) is out there that have no mechanical abilities.  Heck, when I was a kid (b 1943), we were fascinated with anything mechanical and making it work.  Now, it something breaks, buy a new one or take it somewhere to get it fixed.............and new cars are the worst.  I hate them.

Fred Schrope - Upland, IN
Geoff Weeks
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)

In my book there is no such thing as asking a dumb question, only making dumb assertions!
 A real common one is engines "need" backpressure in the exhaust to run! esp 2 strokes. They confuse the use of inertia in the escaping gas with restriction in the outflow of the same. Engines would run just fine with the exhaust venting into a total vacuum.
Wolfcreek_Steve
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)

Whenever I hear someone asking "dumb" questions, I think of a kid I went through 12 grades of school with. He was always the one who read aloud the slowest, asked the question that kept us in past the recess bell, and always scored the lowest in the yearly achievement tests. He chose to stay home and take over/purchase his dad's farm, which he ran successfully in an age of declining family farm economy and now, at retirement age is considerably better off financially than I am.
If a person (young or old) asks a legitimate question, I will do everything I can, to see that he gets the right information, but if he starts to blather about how much he knows and has done, I'll turn and walk away.
Ignorance can be fixed, stupidity is permanent!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
“He, who is without oil, shall throw the first rod” Compressions 8.7:1
Steve Peterson
Central Wisconsin

Follow The Leaders For They Know The Way AUTOCAR

rubbishman
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
scsiguy - still (5/25/2019)

Geoff Weeks (5/25/2019)
While I would agree with most of what you said, when people are "instructing others" while not understanding themselves, is where I draw the line. No, you don't need to mix antifreeze to account for the "windchill", and not understanding that both axles receive power at all times can get someone hurt.
 I have been wrong and learned from the experience, but it does amaze me that those that hold themselves out as "experts" can do so while being so off base.  

AMEN to that.

Agree.
One thing I wanted to say many times before is that this group is much more accepting of things than say the "Jelopy" and "Red" board that would chew me up and spit me out if I posted some of my blabbering over there. I don't know much except ancient garbage trucks and certain obsolete IH stuff and apprieceate the help I've got with things over here.

H.S.Blake
1971 IH VCO(T)-190 Leach 2R Packmaster
Fawnskin, CA 6,750 feet above tidewater
scsiguy - still
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Third Gear

Third Gear (355 reputation)Third Gear (355 reputation)Third Gear (355 reputation)Third Gear (355 reputation)Third Gear (355 reputation)Third Gear (355 reputation)Third Gear (355 reputation)Third Gear (355 reputation)Third Gear (355 reputation)

Geoff Weeks (5/25/2019)

AMEN to that.

Fred Schrope - Upland, IN
Jim Rose
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
He heard it in the truck stop or on the CB and believed it so he told 10 other truckers and each of them told 10 others and soon almost all truckers think that only one rear axle pulls when the inter axle differencial is not locked.   
Geoff Weeks
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct