Profile Picture

condensation

Posted By tired iron 3 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 hours ago
Definintly Aaron, plus all the busted manifold bolts and assorted other cuss points!

H.S.Blake
1971 IH VCO(T)-190 Leach 2R Packmaster
Fawnskin, CA 6,750 feet above tidewater
Aaron
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
If that was the problem I wouldn't pull the heads unless I had to, you do and then you'll do a valve job then it'll suck oil past the rings and smoke, then you will cuss.

Driving the greenies nuts
http://www.killcarb.com/
rubbishman
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
This combines with my earlier post re:water in V549 oil...I think I found my problem, valley (lifters) covers all loose, allowing wash water to lay in the V of engine and seep and/or get pulled in by vacuum. Pressurized water jackets and cylinders check o.k. Still thinking I will pull heads someday as Aaron suggested. Run 2 oil changes through and came out clean. Did find mice chewed coil HV wire and burned up my white IH dist. cap. Still ran with only arching connection!

H.S.Blake
1971 IH VCO(T)-190 Leach 2R Packmaster
Fawnskin, CA 6,750 feet above tidewater
wayne graham
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
TI, Wonder if it tries to pass water after it cools down and sits over night. Just askin cause things change with heat and cool expand and contract. Hope you don't have a problem.

I cried because I had no shoes till I met a man who had no class.
tired iron
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (88 reputation)First Gear (88 reputation)First Gear (88 reputation)First Gear (88 reputation)First Gear (88 reputation)First Gear (88 reputation)First Gear (88 reputation)First Gear (88 reputation)First Gear (88 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Okay we drained the oil, milky but not extreme. Put Fresh oil in it and ran it for 30 minutes, oil level same and oil looks just as it came out of container. Coolant level has not dropped any also temperature got to 180, not sure what happened previously.
wayne graham
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I am far from being on top of the 92 but I can tell you from experience any engine puts coolant in the oil has a problem. I am with Wayne on pulling the plug and see what comes out. This is most likely not condensation. As Glenn said drop the pan and do a pressure check as this is the starting point. Most importantly DO NOT RUN IT ANYMORE.  You have to determine where the coolant came from no matter what kind of engine Just my .02 worth of opinion..

I cried because I had no shoes till I met a man who had no class.
glenn akers
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Direct

6th Direct (1.9K reputation)6th Direct (1.9K reputation)6th Direct (1.9K reputation)6th Direct (1.9K reputation)6th Direct (1.9K reputation)6th Direct (1.9K reputation)6th Direct (1.9K reputation)6th Direct (1.9K reputation)6th Direct (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
I have seen antifezze in the oil on 92 engine that cause you to replace the block and crank.I would drop the pan and do a pressure check.

Glenn Akers
Wayne64SS
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (789 reputation)5th Direct (789 reputation)5th Direct (789 reputation)5th Direct (789 reputation)5th Direct (789 reputation)5th Direct (789 reputation)5th Direct (789 reputation)5th Direct (789 reputation)5th Direct (789 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
did you check the oil with the stick or pull the drain plug? I always pull the drain plug for a second..... after sitting that long coolant will all seperate out of the oil and it won't show on the stick but it'll be the first thing out of the pan. I've never had condensation milk oil anyway you have a problem there. my advice don't run that engine any more until you find it.

--------------------------

Buncha junk.
Junkmandan
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Water in the oil was disaster on '92s. 
tired iron
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (88 reputation)First Gear (88 reputation)First Gear (88 reputation)First Gear (88 reputation)First Gear (88 reputation)First Gear (88 reputation)First Gear (88 reputation)First Gear (88 reputation)First Gear (88 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
      I was wondering can condensation set in a oil pan when a truck sits for excessive years( i.e. 13yrs) without starting. When I checked the oil before starting was black then became milky when started. I did have to add coolant prior to startup roughly 5 gallons but when I started the truck no coolant loss still at same level, oil level is the same, this is on a 8v92, any thoughts?