Profile Picture

Illinos Freightliner - may need a inspector

Posted By kblackav8or 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Direct

6th Direct (1.8K reputation)6th Direct (1.8K reputation)6th Direct (1.8K reputation)6th Direct (1.8K reputation)6th Direct (1.8K reputation)6th Direct (1.8K reputation)6th Direct (1.8K reputation)6th Direct (1.8K reputation)6th Direct (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 hours ago
I'm certainly no Freightliner expert, but with the damage to the sleeper back and front fenders, $7500.00 tops

ATHS Executive Secretary
ATHS Life Member 
Rolling along in my LIL Green White 3000
Grain Valley Mo.
hayseed
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (930 reputation)5th Direct (930 reputation)5th Direct (930 reputation)5th Direct (930 reputation)5th Direct (930 reputation)5th Direct (930 reputation)5th Direct (930 reputation)5th Direct (930 reputation)5th Direct (930 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Stretch (10/7/2019)
My way of thinking on this truck, if you could get the price down and it is a good runner, would be to just drive it and enjoy it. Forget the body work and paint. Good enough.

My Thinking Too, Stretch..!!

----------------

"Be who you are and say what you feel...

Because those that matter...

don't mind...

And those that mind....

don't matter."

--------------------------------------------------
Jesse
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Second Gear

Second Gear (164 reputation)Second Gear (164 reputation)Second Gear (164 reputation)Second Gear (164 reputation)Second Gear (164 reputation)Second Gear (164 reputation)Second Gear (164 reputation)Second Gear (164 reputation)Second Gear (164 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday

That is a Mason-Dixon ATHS mudflap. 
I don't recognize the truck but you might contact Mark Vassallo, Mason Dixon chapter president, and ATHS RVP, for MD/DC/DE and ask about the truck. 
His contact information is on the ATHS website. 
Stretch
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Words of wisdom on pricing. Everything always looks way better in pictures.
My way of thinking on this truck, if you could get the price down and it is a good runner, would be to just drive it and enjoy it. Forget the body work and paint. Good enough.
Moth
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)First Gear (3 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks Dan, Needle-Nose & cat herder. I appreciate your words of wisdom and experience. Seems truck prices are going through the roof right now~some flavors more than others but out of this world none-the-less.
cat herder
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (14 reputation)First Gear (14 reputation)First Gear (14 reputation)First Gear (14 reputation)First Gear (14 reputation)First Gear (14 reputation)First Gear (14 reputation)First Gear (14 reputation)First Gear (14 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
try getting in touch with charlie flexter he rvp. for illinois  he lives in the area and has always had freightliners and still works part-time for truck centers freightliner dealer in troy il. charlie might even know this truck. he is listed in the w.o.t. under rvp and board members. give him a call he is a very nice man. hope this helps you.
kblackav8or
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Seems like the pickings are kind of limited and overpriced on the west coast right now. 

1986 Peterbilt 359
I do all my own stunts. 

Needle-Nose
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (868 reputation)5th Direct (868 reputation)5th Direct (868 reputation)5th Direct (868 reputation)5th Direct (868 reputation)5th Direct (868 reputation)5th Direct (868 reputation)5th Direct (868 reputation)5th Direct (868 reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Dan Bruno (10/5/2019)
That’s way way way too much for that truck in my experience. Trucks in that condition go for $5-7k at most Ritchie Brothers auctions all week long. I’ve had fantastic success buying there. Paying any more than $7500 for a truck in that condition is throwing away good money.

A quality re-paint on that truck will run $10k with no body work or panel replacement. From what I see, it will require more than just paint. That truck needs $30k in body work and paint on the cab hood and sleeper alone before you touch the frame. I’m not pulling random numbers or if thin air...these are real costs from recent experience.

I’d walk away from this one if it was my decision.

Ditto on this statement....in my area this unit would be hard pressed to go for 5 to 6 grand....I wouldn't walk from this but run would exprees my sentiments....if not then you have too much disposable money.

Be careful when you follow the MASSES......sometimes the "M" is silent.

Dan Bruno
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Third Gear

Third Gear (381 reputation)Third Gear (381 reputation)Third Gear (381 reputation)Third Gear (381 reputation)Third Gear (381 reputation)Third Gear (381 reputation)Third Gear (381 reputation)Third Gear (381 reputation)Third Gear (381 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
That’s way way way too much for that truck in my experience. Trucks in that condition go for $5-7k at most Ritchie Brothers auctions all week long. I’ve had fantastic success buying there. Paying any more than $7500 for a truck in that condition is throwing away good money.

A quality re-paint on that truck will run $10k with no body work or panel replacement. From what I see, it will require more than just paint. That truck needs $30k in body work and paint on the cab hood and sleeper alone before you touch the frame. I’m not pulling random numbers or if thin air...these are real costs from recent experience.

I’d walk away from this one if it was my decision.

Dan Bruno
St. Louis, MO
The Duck Reborn - 06/07/19

Geoff Weeks
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 23 minutes ago
I'm going to pass on this story.
 About 10 years ago or so Jim Tomer asked me to look at a KW at a dealership. I was happy to do so BUT and it is a big BUT.
 Jim knew the model and year of the truck very well and knew all the areas that were common problems on that year and model and could direct me to inspect that area very closely and take pictures to send him on stuff I wasn't sure about. I know that if I was on my own I would have missed some of the rather major defects on the truck just because I was not that up on all the problem spots. Jim decided to pass on that truck.
 If you are going to have someone else do the inspecting, try and get someone who has some real time in on that make/model and can look for the "most common" problems unique to that model.