Profile Picture

70s kenworth steering wheels

Posted By W921 Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (47 reputation)First Gear (47 reputation)First Gear (47 reputation)First Gear (47 reputation)First Gear (47 reputation)First Gear (47 reputation)First Gear (47 reputation)First Gear (47 reputation)First Gear (47 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago
I have a 1972 w921s12 kenworth that somebody converted to power steering. The current original steering wheel is 22 inches and completely fills the cab. There isn't enough room left in the cab for me to use the clutch. I would like to replace it with a smaller one. I was just wondering what fits? Are the newer factory w 900 steering wheels compatible with the column on my old truck? Again my truck is a w921 I'm guessing its the same column as a w900? Also I don't know what's on my truck for a power steering box. I'm guessing its from a newer w 900. Did kenworth just use one type of power steering box from the 80 and 90s? My box doesn't leak but it has a lot of play in it. My local kenworth parts counter girl thinks I'm silly to expect her to find parts for a truck thats older than her and has no interest in looking. We just got the internet about a month ago. I'm not good at this. I will try to get my daughter to post some pics of the truck when she gets time. Thanks.