Profile Picture

1966 Autocar A75

Posted By Rustymachine Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Second Gear

Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Had a friend of mine drag a parts truck home for me. 1966 A75 with an after cooled small cam 855, 13 speed RR. Has an early Pete air leaf wadded in the back of the original chassis. Back of the cab was cut open for a sleeper. Has some IH parts on the mix as well. Has good glass, doors, windshields and radiator.

Greg Crispell photo:

Rusty Nail
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Second Gear

Second Gear (165 reputation)Second Gear (165 reputation)Second Gear (165 reputation)Second Gear (165 reputation)Second Gear (165 reputation)Second Gear (165 reputation)Second Gear (165 reputation)Second Gear (165 reputation)Second Gear (165 reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Nice find! If you aren't going to use the driver side door and might want to sell keep me in mind.
Rustymachine
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Second Gear

Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Driver's door is something I need.  Unfortunately, the limiting strap broke at some point on my '65 and it looks like the door got away from someone.  Has a Luberfiner sized dent in the door.  If I run across another one, I'll let you know.

Best regards,

Matt
Rusty Nail
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Second Gear

Second Gear (165 reputation)Second Gear (165 reputation)Second Gear (165 reputation)Second Gear (165 reputation)Second Gear (165 reputation)Second Gear (165 reputation)Second Gear (165 reputation)Second Gear (165 reputation)Second Gear (165 reputation)

Something definitely got away from someone with mine too, these mirror brackets sure are tough.

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/uploads/images/fc591a60-e5e5-407d-9b3c-d7f2.jpg
Jeeperscreepers
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
That door is a easy fix if that's all that's all that's wrong with it.

Dan Cornett
Michael Yarnall
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Third Gear

Third Gear (246 reputation)Third Gear (246 reputation)Third Gear (246 reputation)Third Gear (246 reputation)Third Gear (246 reputation)Third Gear (246 reputation)Third Gear (246 reputation)Third Gear (246 reputation)Third Gear (246 reputation)

[quote]Rusty Nail (12/7/2019)
Something definitely got away from someone with mine too, these mirror brackets sure are tough.

My DC 75 door looks the same way. I backed into it with a load of hay. Dan, How easy is it to fix?
Thanks. Mike

Michael Yarnall,

Boyertown, PA
Jeeperscreepers
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)

Mike,  Shouldn't be that hard to pull back out.  You need to find an old time body man up where you live to fix it.  I've got a good friend who can fix that in a heartbeat.  Man he's really good.  You should see some of the before and after stuff he did for my trucks.

Dan Cornett
Rusty Nail
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Second Gear

My Autocar has the same cab as the 60s Reo, Diamond T, White, the short windshield one. I can find the doors with 3 separate hinges without even trying, but this aluminum cab truck has the piano hinge doors. The bottom looks about the same as far as the damage goes. I figure by the time I have this one fixed, then find a window regulator, glass, and vent window I would be ahead just finding a complete door but I'll cut the thing up before I pay what some of the people out there think the doors are worth.