Profile Picture

AM/FM 8 TRACK RADIO

Posted By braketester 8 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Third Gear

Third Gear (206 reputation)Third Gear (206 reputation)Third Gear (206 reputation)Third Gear (206 reputation)Third Gear (206 reputation)Third Gear (206 reputation)Third Gear (206 reputation)Third Gear (206 reputation)Third Gear (206 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
WOW ! Thanks for the replies ! It went over 300 views and nothing . I figured this was a dead subject . Much appreciated though. Motorola you say ? I will keep that in mind. My son bought me a CB radio of  that vintage year.. I know a guy that has a trucking company (hauls coal) and buys up old trucks for parts . Drive trains mostly. He has some KW COE s where i can get some stuff I need. I possibly might find a radio , dont know. Keep my fingers crossed. Again thanks to all ! Brian

Brian M. Bittner
Stoystown, PA.
D2Denny
Posted 6 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (34 reputation)First Gear (34 reputation)First Gear (34 reputation)First Gear (34 reputation)First Gear (34 reputation)First Gear (34 reputation)First Gear (34 reputation)First Gear (34 reputation)First Gear (34 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I too have impaired hearing, most likely due to 40 plus years in truck shops. My Medicare advantage plan came out with hearing aids at a significantly reduced price as a benefit. I was having trouble hearing the grandchildren, so took the leap to hearing aids last fall. Boy am I glad i did. They are state of the art Bluetooth compatible and Improved my ability to remain in the conversation .Now I can stream Spotify from my I phone directly to my hearing aids. It obsoleted the need to use or install a radio or MP3 player in my big truck or hot rod. You can tune out the background noise and groove to your choice of tunes all in your little world.  Technology can sometimes be frustrating and intimidating to us old-timers but in this area it has the ability to improve one's life experience.
kblackav8or
Posted 6 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
According to the net:
A FLAC file is an audio file compressed in the Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC) format, which is an open source lossless audio compression format. It is similar to an .MP3 file, but is compressed without any loss in quality or loss of any original audio data

If you think truck driving is bad for hearing, try working around helicopters.. I have been fortunate to not have any major loss but if I think about it I have tinnitus. 

1986 Peterbilt 359, 1980 Freightliner FLC 12064
I do all my own stunts. 

Aaron
Posted 6 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.9K reputation)13th direct (3.9K reputation)13th direct (3.9K reputation)13th direct (3.9K reputation)13th direct (3.9K reputation)13th direct (3.9K reputation)13th direct (3.9K reputation)13th direct (3.9K reputation)13th direct (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I don't even bother to say yes dear, I just go on about my bidness,

Driving the greenies nuts
http://www.killcarb.com/
Eddy Lucast
Posted 6 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (5.6K reputation)13th Over (5.6K reputation)13th Over (5.6K reputation)13th Over (5.6K reputation)13th Over (5.6K reputation)13th Over (5.6K reputation)13th Over (5.6K reputation)13th Over (5.6K reputation)13th Over (5.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Needle-Nose (3/20/2020)
wayne graham (3/20/2020)
I am slowly losing my hearing and have severe tinnitus but I can still enjoy good music just at a little higher volume than every one else. However I had no idea what mp3 or flac was. I do have both AM and FM but I don't think they are stereo. 

Ditto...when I think about it I suppose I got most of my entertainment behind the wheel for 46 yr's listening to the big Cat's thumping away under the hood and when shut off I was entertained by the ringing in my ear's like so many others.

What'd he say?
I have 30% left in the left ear and 60% in the right ear. I suppose because I always ran with the window part of the way. I'm done wasting thousands of dollars on worthless hearing aids, instead I learned how to say YES DEAR she knows I can't hear her half the time.
Laughed many times when my step mother started in on dad. He'd brush the hair off his ear, no he didn't he just shut his hearing aids off. LOL

Chopped Liver, I've got my own rope thank you very much.
Eddy.Lucast@remotedata.com
203-228-1961

Needle-Nose
Posted 6 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (853 reputation)5th Direct (853 reputation)5th Direct (853 reputation)5th Direct (853 reputation)5th Direct (853 reputation)5th Direct (853 reputation)5th Direct (853 reputation)5th Direct (853 reputation)5th Direct (853 reputation)

wayne graham (3/20/2020)
I am slowly losing my hearing and have severe tinnitus but I can still enjoy good music just at a little higher volume than every one else. However I had no idea what mp3 or flac was. I do have both AM and FM but I don't think they are stereo. 

Ditto...when I think about it I suppose I got most of my entertainment behind the wheel for 46 yr's listening to the big Cat's thumping away under the hood and when shut off I was entertained by the ringing in my ear's like so many others.

Be careful when you follow the MASSES......sometimes the "M" is silent.

wayne graham
Posted 6 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (5.4K reputation)13th Over (5.4K reputation)13th Over (5.4K reputation)13th Over (5.4K reputation)13th Over (5.4K reputation)13th Over (5.4K reputation)13th Over (5.4K reputation)13th Over (5.4K reputation)13th Over (5.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday

I cried because I had no shoes till I met a man who had no class.
Wolfcreek_Steve
Posted 6 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
And with my hearing disorder, none of this matters in the least. I haven't had a radio (or any other noise maker) on in one of my vehicles in 10 years.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
“He, who is without oil, shall throw the first rod” Compressions 8.7:1
Steve Peterson
Central Wisconsin

Follow The Leaders For They Know The Way AUTOCAR

Tony Bullard
Posted 6 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 54 minutes ago
Needle-Nose (3/20/2020)
I'm still stuck on what MP-3 is ??

I'm with you. It must have been before my time.

Tony
kblackav8or
Posted 6 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)

.FLAC is a lossless music file format.  Lossless is just like it sounds.  You lose nothing in that format.  MP3 is a compression format to save memory space back when that was more of a concern.  It is pretty standard.  There are widgets out there to take your old vinyl (which has seen a recent resurgence among people) and other formats and "rip" them to digital computer formats.  One of those little memory sticks you stick in a USB port will hold thousands of songs.  You buy any aftermarket stereos for vehicles these days and often they have a USB port.  Not for charging your phone so much as you can plug one of those in and have your whole music collection along with you all the time.  A song properly ripped to .FLAC is as perfect a copy as you can get as you sacrifice nothing but they eat up space.  50 megabytes per minute of music.  20 years ago that would have been insane.  Now it is nothing. 

1986 Peterbilt 359, 1980 Freightliner FLC 12064
I do all my own stunts.