Profile Picture

Getting the Shaft (Off)

Posted By Jeff Lakaszcyck Last Month
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Third Gear

Third Gear (251 reputation)Third Gear (251 reputation)Third Gear (251 reputation)Third Gear (251 reputation)Third Gear (251 reputation)Third Gear (251 reputation)Third Gear (251 reputation)Third Gear (251 reputation)Third Gear (251 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday

Make a spanner like this that you can strike with a hammer.

Image result for spanner tool
hayseed
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (783 reputation)5th Direct (783 reputation)5th Direct (783 reputation)5th Direct (783 reputation)5th Direct (783 reputation)5th Direct (783 reputation)5th Direct (783 reputation)5th Direct (783 reputation)5th Direct (783 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 24 minutes ago
Jeff Lakaszcyck (1/25/2020)
Hayseed, to remove the radiator it has to come up about 6 inches to clear the frame before it can start coming forward, with the shaft installed the radiator can only come up an inch or two. 

OK,
The Hole Looks Oblong? If you Tilt the Radiator Forward as far as you can Undo the front engine Mounts & jack the front of the Motor up. will that give you enough clearance to slip the Radiator Forward??

----------------

"Be who you are and say what you feel...

Because those that matter...

don't mind...

And those that mind....

don't matter."

--------------------------------------------------
Jeff Lakaszcyck
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Rocket Scientist

Rocket Scientist (12.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (12.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (12.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (12.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (12.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (12.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (12.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (12.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (12.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Thanks, I really appreciate all the replies. Hayseed, to remove the radiator it has to come up about 6 inches to clear the frame before it can start coming forward, with the shaft installed the radiator can only come up an inch or two. 

I've decided to punt on the radiator removal for now, I only have about 2 weeks before the truck has to go Leesburg for the VTOF show, and if I do get the radiator out I don't know if I can get the radiator back from the shop to meet that timeframe. They are pretty busy. In the meantime I can come up with some tooling that will get the shaft loose. For now I can disassemble the cooling components on the engine and thoroughly flush the block, and do a rinse on the radiator while in place. So that's the plan for now. 

Jeff
Eddy Lucast
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (5.3K reputation)13th Over (5.3K reputation)13th Over (5.3K reputation)13th Over (5.3K reputation)13th Over (5.3K reputation)13th Over (5.3K reputation)13th Over (5.3K reputation)13th Over (5.3K reputation)13th Over (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 6 minutes ago
hayseed (1/25/2020)
Jeff, I'll be a Redneck here...LOL...But..

I'm pretty sure if he pulls hard enough and fast enough it'll come right out! LOL

http://kbs.justoldtrucks.com/
Eddy.Lucast@remotedata.com
203-228-1961

Tony Bullard
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Jeff what do we have here? It that something you could bite on? Or use on a fabricated impact drive?