Martin Winther snowblower - front wheel drive - question from Poland

Posted By Przemek Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!

Martin Winther snowblower - front wheel drive - question from Poland

Author
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Thanks Geoff.
As for the adjustment of the superstructure (blower and blower motor), I invent it would be adjusted with a worm gear and a large screw. By means of the steering wheel, something like a nut in the gear is turned, this causes the screw (i.e. the whole superstructure) to move down or up. Photos:

I like the idea of a fire extinguisher - I buy it ;)
On the side of the frame - I thought now, could it be a car jack? Is that a good idea?
Geoff Weeks
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I'm going to take a guess. It looks like the whole "superstructure" that the blower and blower engine is mounted on tips up and down to raise and lower the blower. That mystery external "wheel" may move a chain that pulls the blower structure down and there by raising the blower end.  What you are seeing on the frame is an idler sprocket and chain to pull the super structure for the blower down flush with the trucks frame. Just a guess!
 The other thing might be a fire extinguisher, mounted where it could be reached for the blower engine. I don't know but had the shape of the old pyrene (carbon tetrachloride) type. I'm not as sure as the picture isn't too clear when blown up to where my old eyes can see it.   
Przemek
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)

Any ideas about the red items (A and B)?:

What could it be?
Przemek
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

Sorry to be answering so late - information about replies to this topic ended up in my spam.
Thanks for the answers.
I thought a lot about the second steering wheel and eventually chose the rotor position adjustment option/function because I thought to myself that while working, the second operator might just have shown the driver how to steer the vehicle.

waukesha398 - I'm glad you like it.
waukesha398
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (14 reputation)First Gear (14 reputation)First Gear (14 reputation)First Gear (14 reputation)First Gear (14 reputation)First Gear (14 reputation)First Gear (14 reputation)First Gear (14 reputation)First Gear (14 reputation)

I just want to say, Przemek, great work!  As for the wheel on the outside, I don't think I can offer a better explanation than what's already been guessed.
Tony Bullard
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
"Regarding the top most steering wheel on the side, " Not likely but it could be for crab steering where one set of wheels could be in the ditch and the other on the road. In other words an offset track.

Tony
Bruce Ohnstad
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
Regarding the top most steering wheel on the side, I'd say to lift the blower and its cutting edge height.  It would just need to be raised and lowered occasionally for transport or road conditions. 

What looks like a steering wheel above the white box might be a shadow of the top wheel. If it is actually another wheel it might adjust the tilt of the blower/cutting edge.

Bruce
Brocky
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
I am thinking possibly to set the height of the rotor assembly from the highway??? Set it and then get in the cab to drive the truck???

Brocky
Przemek
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
First Gear

Welcome back.
Some photos from the progress on the model:

I am still wondering about the function of the second steering wheel, the one next to the rotor:

I thought the steering wheel could control the position of the rotor, but since the driver in the cabin had very poor rearward visibility due to the rotor, I think the second steering wheel could have the function to steer the entire vehicle. This could be done, for example, by: decoupling the steering wheel in the cabin and coupling the one at the rotor, or both functioned simultaneously.
What do you think about it?
Przemek
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
First Gear

Thank you, Bruce. Any information, any photo can be useful, sometimes just a detail that will give me an explanation.
Waukesha398 provided me with some very good information, but previous posts also provide me with a lot of useful information. I collect it all and as a result I draw a few options with different combinations of solutions and choose the ones that are best or most likely for me
It is obvious that many things in the model will be my interpretation, many things will be simplified, but I like it to make sense as far as possible, at least when we look at the model as a whole.