Profile Picture

56-57? International S182

Posted By ShelbyK Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Months Ago
Wayne,
Although it was the most recent thing, I really have no idea. Maybe just being wet over the last two weeks solid made the difference? I will say that the acetone evaporates off pretty quickly so I really don’t know. I was wondering if the acetone and atf negate each other but maybe that’s something in itself. Maybe it’s because I ordered rust blast? There’s plenty of other rust to use it on. 

Now to figure out why there was coolant in cylinder 6. I think it was the head gasket. I hope that’s it because I have the whole kit from Olson’s.

What else do I need to know?
Thank you all for all of the help
justinpaul
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
I'm new welcome me

I'm new welcome me (1 reputation)I'm new welcome me (1 reputation)I'm new welcome me (1 reputation)I'm new welcome me (1 reputation)I'm new welcome me (1 reputation)I'm new welcome me (1 reputation)I'm new welcome me (1 reputation)I'm new welcome me (1 reputation)I'm new welcome me (1 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Never thought I could find some treasure trove in this thread. Will follow this thread for updates/new issues.
ShelbyK
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)

Justin, 
I am a total noob so feel free to follow along. So far, these guys have been tremendously helpful answering my (probably) stupid questions. Now that I know you're interested, I'll keep filling in as I go.

Wednesday, I got the head back on and ALMOST got the old boy to start. Battery died before he could really get going. Spark, ignition, smoke, dead...

I should have the rest of my brake parts today so I can start on that soon. I'm talking to a buddy about getting the seat to be sit-able. I found out the pto works by accident. It was engaged while trying to start it and started winding up the cable on the winch. I figured out how to get it back to neutral. 

I resurfaced the valves the other day. The valve spring compressor auto zone will lend you is crap. Had to borrow the real deal (like a big C clamp/vice grip thing) from a friend of a friend. Youtube for the win there. A comment on one of the videos I watched lead me to put the stem in the chuck of my drill and pull/pulse it against the seat that way. Much more effective than using the stick or the suction cup on a drill bit...

ShelbyK
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
First Gear

It runs!!!
ShelbyK
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
First Gear

Houston, we have a problem...

I got the radiator and all that put back together today. I got coolant in it, without much leaking. Then as I was going to put on the new master cylinder I noticed coolant/oil coming out of the back of the oil pan (not sealed enough but happy accident I guess).

I drained the coolant out of the radiator.

What now?
Eddy Lucast
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (6.1K reputation)13th Over (6.1K reputation)13th Over (6.1K reputation)13th Over (6.1K reputation)13th Over (6.1K reputation)13th Over (6.1K reputation)13th Over (6.1K reputation)13th Over (6.1K reputation)13th Over (6.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
ShelbyK (7/11/2020)

It runs!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdNSM23jK4A

Double Mountain Manufacturing LLC
Eddy.Lucast@remotedata.com
203-228-1961

Brocky
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Shelby, Could be many things?? Start by pulling the head back off and double checking the head gasket, While at it be sure both the top of the block and the head are square. Might have to magnaflux the head?? Look the block over good for cracks, which might include pulling the pistons??? Hopefully some others will have other suggestions..

Brocky
Aaron
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)

Last Active: 44 minutes ago
Could be a bad soft plug on the back of the head or back of block, some carefull checking and you'll find that, I never put anti freeze in a system untill I run it for a while just in case of a leak into the oil, anti freeze doesn't like bearings.
 Keep your old master cylinder, the new ones, inless it isd new old stock, are made out of the US and mainly junk, the pipe threads are straight cut and don't hold fittings very well, and they'll leak, I've been sending masters and whell cylinders out to have stainless sleeved.

Driving the greenies nuts
http://www.killcarb.com/
Tony Bullard
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
ShelbyK (7/11/2020)
Houston, we have a problem...

I got the radiator and all that put back together today. I got coolant in it, without much leaking. Then as I was going to put on the new master cylinder I noticed coolant/oil coming out of the back of the oil pan (not sealed enough but happy accident I guess).

I drained the coolant out of the radiator.

What now?

Did you mean BY the back of the pan?
Find a coolant port on the block, heater system, water pump or radiator drain and connect it to a 10 pound air system (air compressor with regulator). Fill the radiator with water. Apply the air pressure. Look for leaks.

Also " coolant/oil " try to figure out if it is coolant or oil or both. Finding its source will very.

Tony
ShelbyK
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
First Gear

Tony,
The oil pan curves down around the front and back crank bearings. I didn’t get enough sealant on it. It was coming out the back of the pan. Oil and coolant