Profile Picture

56-57? International S182

Posted By ShelbyK Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Months Ago
Aaron (7/12/2020)
Could be a bad soft plug on the back of the head or back of block, some carefull checking and you'll find that, I never put anti freeze in a system untill I run it for a while just in case of a leak into the oil, anti freeze doesn't like bearings.
 Keep your old master cylinder, the new ones, inless it isd new old stock, are made out of the US and mainly junk, the pipe threads are straight cut and don't hold fittings very well, and they'll leak, I've been sending masters and whell cylinders out to have stainless sleeved.

Thanks for the recommendation. I think they’re rebuilt. Mine were too bad to rebuild and I’d rather not trust my own lack of skill when it comes to stopping 8,000lbs of steel.

I’m planning to pull the oil pan and put more water in to see where it comes from. Fingers crossed that it isn’t terminal. I really want the 308 to work. They seem to be really rare.
Aaron
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
The master and wheel cylinders can be sent out to a speciality shop and bored then fit with a stainless steel sleeve back to orginal size, so unless someone has beat the cylinder with a large hammer they most likely will clean up to work.

Your telling us that you have water coming out of the oil pan where it didn't seal tight against the block, that sounds kinda odd, I'm with Tony hook up shop air with 5 to 10 pounds of air pressure, no more than that, and see where it actually is coming from, if it truly is coming out of the oil pan then there must be a split cylinder wall, I'm sure that you would have looked the head gasket over carefully to make sure all the holes matched up and there is almost no way to install it wrong, did you torque it correctly, starting in the center and working you way to the end, 10 bucks says Tony has a picture of how to torque that head.

Driving the greenies nuts
http://www.killcarb.com/
Tony Bullard
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 51 minutes ago

BD 308 Torque sequence. Torque 100-110 ft. lb.

Tony
ShelbyK
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)First Gear (22 reputation)

Thanks y’all,
Cylinder six wall is cracked.
Thank you Tony for the diagram. It’s not quite how I did it but it’s pretty close. I googled torque specs for that size bolt and it was 70 so that’s where I went with it. Going to take it to have it bored and sleeved. On a positive note, I’m getting pretty good at tearing this thing down On a positive note, I’m getting pretty good at tearing this thing down

ShelbyK
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
First Gear

Tony, you don’t happen to know the tolerances for the valve rockers do you?
Tony Bullard
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 51 minutes ago
Here's some valve specs. Attached is more detailed specs on the rockers and the rest of the engine specs.