Profile Picture

Another venture and KBS Coatings

Posted By Eddy Lucast 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (6.2K reputation)13th Over (6.2K reputation)13th Over (6.2K reputation)13th Over (6.2K reputation)13th Over (6.2K reputation)13th Over (6.2K reputation)13th Over (6.2K reputation)13th Over (6.2K reputation)13th Over (6.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
We wouldn't have said a word about it if it wasn't patented. We have multiple patents for the lift that we've spent a considerable amount of time to make sure there's no way around.

Double Mountain Manufacturing LLC
EddyLucast@hotmail.com 
203-228-1961

rubbishman
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Are you guys planning to patent the device?

H.S.Blake
1971 IH VCO(T)-190 Leach 2R Packmaster
Fawnskin, CA 6,750 feet above tidewater
Frank Surber
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
hayseed (6/27/2020)
Eddy Lucast (6/24/2020)
If you exceed the weight limit it stops before it leaves the ground. Problem solved.

Until Einstein fiddles with the Relief valve in the Hydraulics !!
 Or are you using Linear Actuators??

That could prove to be a little difficult as the relief valves on many of the power units I had used in the past were internal with no external adjustment any adjustment to them had to be done at the factory before assembly I would specify the preferred range and they set them then sealed them. If I required additional lower circuit pressures for a given function I installed relief disk in the cavities under the solenoid valves. Most people could tear a whole system apart and never figure out that there was no way to circumvent the pressure settings if by chance the disks were left out they would have flow but no pressure without the disks the pilot circuit would not pressure up so the3 -4 , 5 or 6 way solenoid combination spools and poppets would not function.  

Double Mountain manufacturing LLC
Don't try and tell me what I can't do, try to convince me of what you can do
hayseed
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (975 reputation)5th Direct (975 reputation)5th Direct (975 reputation)5th Direct (975 reputation)5th Direct (975 reputation)5th Direct (975 reputation)5th Direct (975 reputation)5th Direct (975 reputation)5th Direct (975 reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 1:09:04 AM
Eddy Lucast (6/24/2020)
If you exceed the weight limit it stops before it leaves the ground. Problem solved.

Until Einstein fiddles with the Relief valve in the Hydraulics !!
 Or are you using Linear Actuators??

----------------

"Be who you are and say what you feel...

Because those that matter...

don't mind...

And those that mind....

don't matter."

--------------------------------------------------
Eddy Lucast
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (6.2K reputation)13th Over (6.2K reputation)13th Over (6.2K reputation)13th Over (6.2K reputation)13th Over (6.2K reputation)13th Over (6.2K reputation)13th Over (6.2K reputation)13th Over (6.2K reputation)13th Over (6.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
wayne graham (6/26/2020)
I wonder about a variation that rides above the fender wells. Could gain some width. Also wonder about one configured to work on a flat bed one ton.Just me wondering.

If you take a look at the newer Ford beds the fender boxes are shorter in height and narrower in width. You're running out a space to locate the structure over the top of them and remain within the box. I doubt the bed sides have enough strength to handle the repeated stress needed to keep them from collapsing over the long term life of the truck if you were to mount them on top of the bed sides, a flat bed yes.

The bottom line is the more variations you create the more money you need for engineering and product liability insurance, manufacturing and marketing raising start up cost. One step at a time, unless you want to donate a half million $$. In the future absolutely Even making them for GMC and Dodges requires beefing up the bed structure under the bed, you need to add cross members and brackets under the bed. All this raises the cost and complexity to manufacture them and stocking different models. The last thing we need as a startup is reliability and warranty issues.

Keep in mind what we have is based on years of real world testing.

Double Mountain Manufacturing LLC
EddyLucast@hotmail.com 
203-228-1961

Frank Surber
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)6th Over (2.6K reputation)

Wolfcreek_Steve (6/26/2020)
Come to think of it, I've seen something like this with a snowmobile on it. I didn't see it operate, but the snowmobile sat above the box side.

Steve this is by far not the only design on the market, however this one is so far as I have been able to research the only one that can be completely hidden under a tanau cover for those who feel it necessary to have their pickup beds covered plus it is the only one which allows the load to be raised and put in the bed while remaining horizontal. Effectively you could load and haul a large aquarium with the water and fish still in it except for any sloshing while driving  

Wolfcreek_Steve
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.1K reputation)13th direct (3.1K reputation)13th direct (3.1K reputation)13th direct (3.1K reputation)13th direct (3.1K reputation)13th direct (3.1K reputation)13th direct (3.1K reputation)13th direct (3.1K reputation)13th direct (3.1K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Come to think of it, I've seen something like this with a snowmobile on it. I didn't see it operate, but the snowmobile sat above the box side.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
“He, who is without oil, shall throw the first rod” Compressions 8.7:1
Steve Peterson
Central Wisconsin

Follow The Leaders For They Know The Way AUTOCAR

Brocky
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.5K reputation)13th direct (4.5K reputation)13th direct (4.5K reputation)13th direct (4.5K reputation)13th direct (4.5K reputation)13th direct (4.5K reputation)13th direct (4.5K reputation)13th direct (4.5K reputation)13th direct (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
When it comes to flat beds, check your Agricultural market??? Farmers and round hay bales and small equipment???

Brocky
Frank Surber
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

wayne graham (6/26/2020)
I wonder about a variation that rides above the fender wells. Could gain some width. Also wonder about one configured to work on a flat bed one ton.Just me wondering.

Wayne I have been concentrating on getting all of the materials designed for a single model for now but Eddy and I had that discussion on day one for models which would be fitted into Vans, on flat beds, up sized in capacities to match the maximum carrying cap of pickups up to include the F550 I have some preliminary sketches of one which has the working structure hidden inside of the inner walls of a service body And the possibility for a down sized unit for the smaller and mid sized pickups there are some issues with these especially those pickups with the extra short beds they obviously would not be for hauling motorcycles due to the shortness of the beds but not everyone who is going to want one will want them to haul motorcycles on Others think I have slipped a few cogs when I say that I believe the use of these machines mounted in pickups for hauling motorcycles around may be the lower end of the market place. volume wise that is at least so far as the general public is concerned. Bike dealers and motorcycle recovery and repair centers could be a sizeable market place though .  ,

wayne graham
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (5.5K reputation)13th Over (5.5K reputation)13th Over (5.5K reputation)13th Over (5.5K reputation)13th Over (5.5K reputation)13th Over (5.5K reputation)13th Over (5.5K reputation)13th Over (5.5K reputation)13th Over (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago

I cried because I had no shoes till I met a man who had no class.