Profile Picture

MEA MAGNUM OPUS (My 1947 Autocar U-70 build)

Posted By Wolfcreek_Steve 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Yeah the piston pin retainers are concave seals like an expansion plug. The pressurized oil in the connecting rod doesn't enter the piston pin. It goes around the floating pin and on to the cooling squarters. Any pressure that gets past the the rod bushing falls to the pan. The piston bushing are splash lubed and not much oil gets past them. If there is a lot of oil running out of the are box drains I'd be looking at the blower seals. The intake side of the blower will still be dry.

Tony
W921
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (52 reputation)First Gear (52 reputation)First Gear (52 reputation)First Gear (52 reputation)First Gear (52 reputation)First Gear (52 reputation)First Gear (52 reputation)First Gear (52 reputation)First Gear (52 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 hours ago
I see old big block gas motor homes selling at farm auctions really cheap. Some (I think gm?) Had non computer Alison automatics in them? This might be a simpler easier solution for you? One thing about these motorhomes is they sucked so much gas that most of them are old but have little mileage. Could you just make an adapter plate and linkage or cables?
Wolfcreek_Steve
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 hours ago
I have the modern Allison already, similar to the one they use behind the diesels in Chevy pick-ups. The version I have will bolt up to the Detroit with a simple adapter ring (SAE 2 to SAE 3) The firetruck came with an older style Allison, but it was a 4 speed and without overdrive, just wasn't what I wanted. With 32" tires, 3.54 gears and a .64 overdrive, I should be able to run 120 mph at 3,000 rpms. (that old Autocar be shaken like a puppy poopin peach pits)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
“He, who is without oil, shall throw the first rod” Compressions 8.7:1
Steve Peterson
Central Wisconsin

Follow The Leaders For They Know The Way AUTOCAR