Profile Picture

1986 W900 Wiring Schematic - Warning Light Cluster

Posted By DBlue Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
You might try some of These older schematics in our Document Library. Some are as new as '82

Edit: I think I have the one you are looking for on my computer that I forgot to upload to the library. We're having temporary trouble with uploads now. Send me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you. Please don't change the station.

Tony
Geoff Weeks
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I can't give advice particular to the truck you are working on, but what I can tell you is that in that era and up to the mid 90's or newer, Lights and buzzers use a switch to control them that is NOT the same that drives the gauge, there will be two "senders" in the block, one for the gauge and one for the light and buzzer. 1st place I'd look would be at the switches in the block or at least in the circuit in question
 My IHC runs a oil hose to the cab, where it has a T fitting and both a low oil pressure switch and a sender for the gauge.  The upper water rail has both a sender and temp switch (as well as a separate temp switch for the fan).
 Because the circuits for the gauges and light/buzzer are completely separate, they can work when the other doesn't. 
 In almost all cases, the light will have power fed to them and they ground thru the switch on the block, A quick check to see that there is power making to the lights, and then finding the switch on the block and grounding it, would be a place to start.
DBlue
Question Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (4 reputation)First Gear (4 reputation)First Gear (4 reputation)First Gear (4 reputation)First Gear (4 reputation)First Gear (4 reputation)First Gear (4 reputation)First Gear (4 reputation)First Gear (4 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello all.  I'm hoping all the old truck experience on this forum can help me solve a problem.
I am restoring an 86 W900B dump truck and have only a few things left on my to-do list.  The most perplexing are the warning lights on the light console above the driver sun visor.  The only light/buzzer that works is the "Low Air".  The "Low Oil", "High Water Temp", "Diff Lock On", and "Jake Brake On" lights do not light, or buzz in the case of the "Low Oil" and "High Water Temp".
I cannot find a good schematic for this old truck that would allow me to troubleshoot and figure this one out.  Does anybody on here have a good source for a schematic on this old truck of mine?  Any thoughts on the lights and the buzzers?

It did pass DOT inspection, all the gauges work, and I will be getting it licensed this week so I can run it for aggregate hauling but I would like to get these lights working.

Thanks in advance,
Doug