Profile Picture

need a trailer

Posted By Eddy Lucast Last Month
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 30 minutes ago
One of the big differences between Prevost and other coaches is their unique unibody design. If it were a bus instead of a coach the thing would be perfectly content traveling down the road at 90 MPH grossing weights that a scale master would put a 5 axle semi combo out of service until it were un loaded. 
 I've followed behind lessor coaches pulling heavy trailers and yes you can see the flat panels of the skin do the 7th inning wave when going around corners at speed, but even those coaches probably wouldn't do that in the hands of a driver who is qualified to drive and not at the hands of someone who shouldn't even be allowed to drive their infinity Q to the 7 eleven

Double Mountain manufacturing LLC
Don't try and tell me what I can't do, try to convince me of what you can do
Aaron
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
Sounds like the back of the coach has a pretty solid hitch, but I might check with Prevost to make sure, the ... end of those coaches will bend and sway from what I've understood with hitches installed incorrectly.

Driving the greenies nuts
http://www.killcarb.com/
Frank Surber
Posted 7 days ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)

Aaron (4/4/2021)
I'm guessing that coach came with a factory hitch on it.

It has the heaviest hitch made for the time period the coach was made 
 even though it is a 2" receiver tube the tube has a 4x6 x1/2" thick angle  welded to the  back end and bolted to the main rear crossmember / engine mount then towards the rear of the tube it is encased in a 1/2" thick plate that reaches across to both frame stubs this is also reinforced like a "T fastened on the ends with bolts in shear as well as tension I would say the hitch with a 2" solid bar ball mount would be capable of pulling anything the coach has power enough to pull.
 Since it is probably a factory made and installed hitch there is no weight classification sticker on it unlike an after market bolt on hitch would have.
 Even the hitch on Ed's pickup is a factory installed unit and I find that when the factory has their nuts on the line they tend not to slight strength and safety in that area But depending on the manufacture they only recommend going to 75 to 85% of the rated cap. although the association of automotive engineers state that all towing equipment be made to a minimum safe working load of 2 times the rated with a 5 to 8 times minimum fail safe limits  

Tony Bullard
Posted 7 days ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 26 seconds ago
Eddy Lucast (4/4/2021)
Not factory but has a receiver

And an electric brake controller?

Tony
Eddy Lucast
Posted 7 days ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (6.0K reputation)13th Over (6.0K reputation)13th Over (6.0K reputation)13th Over (6.0K reputation)13th Over (6.0K reputation)13th Over (6.0K reputation)13th Over (6.0K reputation)13th Over (6.0K reputation)13th Over (6.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Not factory but has a receiver

Double Mountain Manufacturing LLC
Eddy.Lucast@remotedata.com
203-228-1961

Brocky
Posted 7 days ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Aaron (4/4/2021)

Heavy enough for the trailer??? Most of them just pull a small car...

Brocky
Aaron
Posted 7 days ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago

Driving the greenies nuts
http://www.killcarb.com/
Frank Surber
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
6th Over

Larry I prefer gooseneck trailers but one would look kind of strange behind the Prevost and I would have had to make a tag along dolly to hook to the motor coach for the goose neck to hook up to 

Freightrain
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
Frank Surber (4/2/2021)

I heard Ed mention once it would be easy to forget it was behind us while we were on a

"rare smooth section of highway". 

And just the reason why I HATE tag trailers!!!
Back in '96 I made a trip to Detroit with my 28Ft tag race trailer.  I came home and ordered my 40ft gooseneck.  Was not going to put up with that crap and I had my new '96 F350 dually pulling it.  Jerkin' me up and down running those rough roads.  Never again, LOL!

Larry

I'm no expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
hayseed
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (930 reputation)5th Direct (930 reputation)5th Direct (930 reputation)5th Direct (930 reputation)5th Direct (930 reputation)5th Direct (930 reputation)5th Direct (930 reputation)5th Direct (930 reputation)5th Direct (930 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Eddy'll have to Pony up some Paint for It..!

----------------

"Be who you are and say what you feel...

Because those that matter...

don't mind...

And those that mind....

don't matter."

--------------------------------------------------