Profile Picture

Ready to scream!

Posted By Geoff Weeks Last Month
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Fourth Gear (469 reputation)Fourth Gear (469 reputation)Fourth Gear (469 reputation)Fourth Gear (469 reputation)Fourth Gear (469 reputation)Fourth Gear (469 reputation)Fourth Gear (469 reputation)Fourth Gear (469 reputation)Fourth Gear (469 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 hours ago
iam sure that ya know that any of you clowns are more than welcome anytime 
but be aware that if ya wait too long you may have to plan on an extended road trip
cause i mighta bailed and ;;bugged out'' back to alaska
but there are a few outhers on here that still found me up there anyway
haha

always look forward to seein you guys
John Hanson
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Fourth Gear (538 reputation)Fourth Gear (538 reputation)Fourth Gear (538 reputation)Fourth Gear (538 reputation)Fourth Gear (538 reputation)Fourth Gear (538 reputation)Fourth Gear (538 reputation)Fourth Gear (538 reputation)Fourth Gear (538 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Well, it sounds like you are at peace with it, and that's a good thing!  If you ever get the chance, jump in that car or whatever and head up here...we'll both go pick on Tomer!   I still miss being in the middle of the truck sometimes, but sometimes it's pretty nice to just "remember"!  I'm trying to slowly get one truck setup to do local dumptruck work... plenty of that around, and I can pick and choose my work a little....not that I don't always have plenty to do here!

I was put on this earth to do a certain amount of things....right now, I'm so far behind I could never die!
Geoff Weeks
Posted 6 days ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)

May be someday in a car. I could swing down and see Jim T on the same trip. It has been a good run but it is time, I guess. 
 If everything didn't happen at once, I would keep doing what I had been doing for a few more years. I had already slowed down considerably, so this was just more of the same. 
 I had a regular run to GFs but never seamed to make over the hill to your area.
 It is amazing the junk you acquire when you maintaine a few trucks. I have broken down 2 and have one to do, truck radiators for scrap, a set of pistons and a couple of aluminum fuel tanks. Should be a good haul.
 I have a local friend who drives for the local transportation authority and might be some help getting me on part time, so I can make a few $$ and still fix the broken trucks, so they'll bring more.
 I am curious what happened to the engine in my big Cabover. It just had an oil change and was running good, not much oil consumption, may be a gal every 8K miles. I was loaded to 78K and rolling across SD after loading in Iowa headed to GF, Mt. just descended a small depression to cross a stream and when I powered up the other side, it started missing and dumping a smoke screen behind me. 
 I turned the truck around and made it the 35 miles back to Sioux Falls. So much blow by the oil fill plug came out the valve cover with an explosion that sounded like I lost a tire!  Handed the trailer off to another power-unit and stocked up on oil for the 240 mile run home took 5 gal and was on the bottom of the stick when I parked it. Made it, but no one on the route will need to worry about mosquitos this year!   
Doesn't look like any damage an inframe will not cure, but I must have either cracked a piston in two or punched a hole in one. Engine fires up on 5 and no bad noises, but will pump oil up the fill tube and out on the ground!
With all the new nonsense being heaped on trucking, I must admit not having to deal with it is a relief. 
 It will give me time to work on all the "some day" projects I never seam to get too. Like the 40's Buda gen set I have. Also more time to do some cosmetic's  on the K's.
 I'm sure I'll miss trucking, it does get in your blood, but I'm at a time that I can slow down and not be hurt. My brother and I have been looking after our parents, and I can take a more active roll now that I am home more, and we both have some of our own medical issues that come with being over 60 (at least with our genetics). Who knows, I might even make some more truck shows? 
 I am more at peace with it than I thought I would be.
John Hanson
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Fourth Gear (538 reputation)Fourth Gear (538 reputation)Fourth Gear (538 reputation)Fourth Gear (538 reputation)Fourth Gear (538 reputation)Fourth Gear (538 reputation)Fourth Gear (538 reputation)Fourth Gear (538 reputation)Fourth Gear (538 reputation)

Well nuts, Geoff!  I was hoping to see you come buzzing through here again for a visit!!!
John

I was put on this earth to do a certain amount of things....right now, I'm so far behind I could never die!
tundra
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Fourth Gear (469 reputation)Fourth Gear (469 reputation)Fourth Gear (469 reputation)Fourth Gear (469 reputation)Fourth Gear (469 reputation)Fourth Gear (469 reputation)Fourth Gear (469 reputation)Fourth Gear (469 reputation)Fourth Gear (469 reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
know how later life changes things
i tryed ta quit a few years ago and dont do much truck related stuff anymore but i still dont seem ta be completly done though
still tryin ta figure out what ta do with seeminly never ending collection of ,,,truck junk,, that is still in alaska
my days of havin a comm truck garage and trucks sometimes runnin 10k mile round trips arent in my wheelhouse anymore
sides my personal setbacks i got real tired of the bullsit/stress/dealin with employees etc

wish ya well
jhancock
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago

Lots of stuff on your plate.  Like you said, family comes first.  Hope it all works out.

Jim

*Always think for yourself. Don't trust the government.
                                        All brands of fifth wheels professionally spin balanced.
Geoff Weeks
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)

Long and short of it is my days of trucking are done, at least commercially. So both my cabovers are on the block as it the Dart and a flatbed trailer. I am holding on to my Marmon for the moment and of course my K's.
 Family comes 1st and for the near future I need to be around for them. The guy I was leased to has decided to retire. I had my own authority and have no desire to do that again. The engine in the truck I was driving blew.
 I am nearing retirement myself, and while I would be happy to continue for a little longer, three things coming at the same time, have made the choice for me.
 To be sure, I have been considering this for some time, but the time never seamed right to make a change, now I have three things telling me its time, sometimes you have to accept fate or what ever name you want to call it.
 Anybody interested in a pair of IHC cabovers and a pup trailer's worth of parts?
Geoff Weeks
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
13th direct

I'm not going to say more about the phone call (at least right now), other than I need to re-assess whether I am still going to truck.
 I might be better off liquidating my rolling stock. 
doubleclutchinweasel
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Second Gear

Second Gear (132 reputation)Second Gear (132 reputation)Second Gear (132 reputation)Second Gear (132 reputation)Second Gear (132 reputation)Second Gear (132 reputation)Second Gear (132 reputation)Second Gear (132 reputation)Second Gear (132 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Freightrain (3/31/2021)
Ok, I was thinking that you just needed a bushing to bush an incorrect size hole. That could be handled easily. Like if the bushing is 2-1\2" and you need it to be 2-3\4. An 1\8" sleeve would do it.

That's kinda where I was going earlier.  But, like I said, I wasn't sure I was clearly understanding the problem.

Kinda curious about the call he mentioned, though.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Freightrain
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
Ok, I was thinking that you just needed a bushing to bush an incorrect size hole. That could be handled easily. Like if the bushing is 2-1\2" and you need it to be 2-3\4. An 1\8" sleeve would do it.

Larry

I'm no expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.