Profile Picture

Ford N Series

Posted By Jeff Wright 4 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
Jeff,
If you do NOT make contact, PM me and I have her email addy.

Brocky
Jeff Wright
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (76 reputation)First Gear (76 reputation)First Gear (76 reputation)First Gear (76 reputation)First Gear (76 reputation)First Gear (76 reputation)First Gear (76 reputation)First Gear (76 reputation)First Gear (76 reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
Thanks for the info Tony. I sent here a pm, so hopefully she'll respond when she gets back from Colorado.
TonyClemens
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (979 reputation)5th Direct (979 reputation)5th Direct (979 reputation)5th Direct (979 reputation)5th Direct (979 reputation)5th Direct (979 reputation)5th Direct (979 reputation)5th Direct (979 reputation)5th Direct (979 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Michelle sold her N a few years ago. She still has a pickup and her cars. I believe she's still in Colorado for the summer.
Jeff Wright
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (76 reputation)First Gear (76 reputation)First Gear (76 reputation)First Gear (76 reputation)First Gear (76 reputation)First Gear (76 reputation)First Gear (76 reputation)First Gear (76 reputation)First Gear (76 reputation)

Thanks Brocky. I'll send her a message.
Brocky
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Jeff, the only person I know of that can answer your questions is Michelle Cole in Smithfield Texas. I think she still owns a N-950 that she pulls a 5th wheel camper with.. Her father was the Shop foreman at a large Ford dealer in Austin TX and when Ford quit building big trucks he kept all the shop manuals that were being thrown out and she has them.. She used to be very active on here, but have not seen her lately?? Send me a PM and I can forward her email to you.

Brocky
Jeff Wright
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

Geoff, 

According to the vin, it's always been a tandem axle.

Jeff
Geoff Weeks
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 30 minutes ago
Could it have started life as a single screw?  
Jeff Wright
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

Folks I need a little help. So I have a 1969 Ford N series truck. It's a NT-850-D to be specific. I was siting around the house trying to stay cool today, so I decided to look at the vin/data plate on the truck just to get the specifics on it, as I'm in the process of restoring it. So as I was looking through my 1969 shop manual as I was decoding all the numbers on the vin/date plate. What I have found in the past, but it didn't hit me until today was a curiosity of the GVWR. As in my shop manual and on the vin/date plate, it shows the GVWR to be 27000lbs. This has struck me as being odd, because when I was looking at the axle codes, I have a 12000lbs front axle with 34000lbs rears. I thought that is kinda strange. I thought the axle ratings helped govern the GVWR. The history that I know about the truck, is what little paperwork I found in the glove box, along with what the gentleman I bought it off of told me. I bought it off of the 3rd owner in it's life, I now being it's 4th owner. The 3rd owner that I bought it off of told me that it was a semi tractor and that the hardwood company he had bought it off of had taken the fifth wheel off, and extended the tail end of the frame to put a big water tank on it. He said that they were using it on the lumber yard, to water the yard down. The second owner which had this truck (the hardwood company), had it about 90 percent of it's life. From some paperwork I found in the glove box, it looked liked they bought it off of a construction company, when the truck was about 8-9 years old. That construction company is no longer around, as to where I can find any history on it from them. I say all that to say this, if this truck was being used and is truly a semi tractor from original birth, then why does it have a GVWR of 27000lbs? Just to reiterate it has tandem rears, and is a factory diesel, with a NH250 Cummnins, along with a 10 speed direct 910 Fuller trans. 

Thanks, Jeff 

Grab another gear and keep on trucking!