Profile Picture

855 fuel pumps

Posted By Jess 5 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
I had a mechanical variable speed governor (MVS) on a Detroit in a pickup that took some getting used to, The foot throttle feels like it has three positions. You set it for the speed you want, not the power you want. Once set if you move the peddle just a little either side you are either in full fuel on no fuel. It was hard to shift and wasn't fun to drive. I'd rethink that option.                       

Tony
xcummins
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Really ???
you want to try and drive on road with a hand set throttle??............good luck !!
Cheers,
Newto
Jess
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (94 reputation)First Gear (94 reputation)First Gear (94 reputation)First Gear (94 reputation)First Gear (94 reputation)First Gear (94 reputation)First Gear (94 reputation)First Gear (94 reputation)First Gear (94 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Months Ago
Truck has no power and I know someone played with pump, but really like the tractor style governor to hand set the throttle. Not sure what else would cause power issue.
xcummins
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)First Gear (16 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
It WILL work but because the fuel pump is off a tractor and not automotive the fuel curve is going to be different meaning it may or may not have any power in the mid-range or possibly top end depending on its fuel code.Also if the pump is set to only use the top governor (MVS or VS) then throttle travel and rev control may be an issue.

Apart from that both CPL's use the same flow injector (176BK) and camshaft so fuel pressures won't be an issue.

Why are you looking at swapping the pump??

Cheers,

Newto
Jess
Question Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (94 reputation)First Gear (94 reputation)First Gear (94 reputation)First Gear (94 reputation)First Gear (94 reputation)First Gear (94 reputation)First Gear (94 reputation)First Gear (94 reputation)First Gear (94 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Months Ago
i have a fuel pump off a big cam 2 or 3 NTA-855-A cpl 554 set at 400hp it is out of a tractor so has different gov but i would like that and put on a big cam 1 cpl 393 NTC 400 in a truck without changing any settings and not have worry about to much fuel or timming Thanks Jess