Profile Picture

Gettin' Old Ain't for Sissies

Posted By Jeff Lakaszcyck 2 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Third Gear

Third Gear (323 reputation)Third Gear (323 reputation)Third Gear (323 reputation)Third Gear (323 reputation)Third Gear (323 reputation)Third Gear (323 reputation)Third Gear (323 reputation)Third Gear (323 reputation)Third Gear (323 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 1 minute ago
Needle-Nose (10/27/2021)
Wolfcreek_Steve (10/27/2021)
Today, I checked my bone density the hard way! I fell off a trailer load of fire wood, (small utility trailer) and landed on the back of my left shoulder. The impact could've/should've broken my collar bone but didn't. I just have a very sore back tonight. I'm not looking forward to getting out of bed tomorrow! Wife suggested I take it easy tomorrow. Dah!
A year ago, I went to the doctor because my back was hurting from using a chainsaw, he suggested that men my age shouldn't be using a chainsaw, but he didn't seem to think he should come do it for me. We laughed!

Well, I am 81 and now have 16 logs ready for the band mill. Mind you I did not cut them all the same day! I do have a back problem that is inoperable. Waiting for insurance to ok a nerve abvalation, that is burning the offending nerves. I don't last the whole day anymore, my right leg gets painful and does not work anymore. More abuse related than age.
Tom

Not sure when your Doc thinks a guy should lay down his saw but at 73 this is the 8th and last load for this year for my pile and the Husquvarna is cleaned...sharpened and put away till next year.

Jeff Lakaszcyck
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Rocket Scientist

Rocket Scientist (14.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (14.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (14.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (14.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (14.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (14.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (14.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (14.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (14.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Brocky, I'm taking three 20 minute walks every day. 

Jeff
Brocky
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)13th direct (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
It is great to hear you are progressing on your recovery.. Does the Doc have you walking a lot??? My buddy did a lot of it and his Doc said he came along great.. Was back driving the 18 wheeler in about 4 months..

Brocky
Jeff Lakaszcyck
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Rocket Scientist

Rocket Scientist (14.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (14.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (14.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (14.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (14.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (14.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (14.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (14.2K reputation)Rocket Scientist (14.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
It's been six weeks since my surgery and although I am definitely not fully healed I am feeling much better and have a lot more energy. I'm allowed to drive again and a few more restrictions have been lifted. I've also re-started the WAI this morning. Thanks to everyone for your messages and concern. 

Steve, I hope you are not too sore this morning ! 

Jeff
Needle-Nose
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (876 reputation)5th Direct (876 reputation)5th Direct (876 reputation)5th Direct (876 reputation)5th Direct (876 reputation)5th Direct (876 reputation)5th Direct (876 reputation)5th Direct (876 reputation)5th Direct (876 reputation)

Wolfcreek_Steve (10/27/2021)
Today, I checked my bone density the hard way! I fell off a trailer load of fire wood, (small utility trailer) and landed on the back of my left shoulder. The impact could've/should've broken my collar bone but didn't. I just have a very sore back tonight. I'm not looking forward to getting out of bed tomorrow! Wife suggested I take it easy tomorrow. Dah!
A year ago, I went to the doctor because my back was hurting from using a chainsaw, he suggested that men my age shouldn't be using a chainsaw, but he didn't seem to think he should come do it for me. We laughed!

Not sure when your Doc thinks a guy should lay down his saw but at 73 this is the 8th and last load for this year for my pile and the Husquvarna is cleaned...sharpened and put away till next year.

Be careful when you follow the MASSES......sometimes the "M" is silent.

jhancock
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.9K reputation)13th direct (3.9K reputation)13th direct (3.9K reputation)13th direct (3.9K reputation)13th direct (3.9K reputation)13th direct (3.9K reputation)13th direct (3.9K reputation)13th direct (3.9K reputation)13th direct (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago

I like to cut and burn wood.  If too much cutting is done one day, I "get" to take the next day off...

Jim

All brands of turbochargers professionally rewound and synchronized.
                                         ------------------------
               This is sketchy even by my standards...   Uncle Tony

Wolfcreek_Steve
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.0K reputation)13th direct (3.0K reputation)13th direct (3.0K reputation)13th direct (3.0K reputation)13th direct (3.0K reputation)13th direct (3.0K reputation)13th direct (3.0K reputation)13th direct (3.0K reputation)13th direct (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: 31 minutes ago

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
“He, who is without oil, shall throw the first rod” Compressions 8.7:1
Steve Peterson
Central Wisconsin

Follow The Leaders For They Know The Way AUTOCAR

Davwingman
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.1K reputation)6th Over (2.1K reputation)6th Over (2.1K reputation)6th Over (2.1K reputation)6th Over (2.1K reputation)6th Over (2.1K reputation)6th Over (2.1K reputation)6th Over (2.1K reputation)6th Over (2.1K reputation)

I wish you a speedy recovery.
Aaron
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)

Wayne I've got that part down pat already.
Jeff just kick back go out to the shop and catch up on your shop manual reading

Driving the greenies nuts
http://www.killcarb.com/
Hamish
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (5.8K reputation)13th Over (5.8K reputation)13th Over (5.8K reputation)13th Over (5.8K reputation)13th Over (5.8K reputation)13th Over (5.8K reputation)13th Over (5.8K reputation)13th Over (5.8K reputation)13th Over (5.8K reputation)

I'm glad to hear your recovery is going well Jeff. Some of us are eagerly waiting your return to the WAI?