Profile Picture

Jon Doyle Collection

Posted By bshoesey 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (685 reputation)5th Direct (685 reputation)5th Direct (685 reputation)5th Direct (685 reputation)5th Direct (685 reputation)5th Direct (685 reputation)5th Direct (685 reputation)5th Direct (685 reputation)5th Direct (685 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Jon Doyle making a new purchase.
Jon traded one of his walters in for a International Harvester with Bucyrus Erie Hydracrane at S.a. Mclean. Daryl and Jack Gushee are chosen to do the transportation from Richmond Me. to Limerick Me. and back.

John Doyle getting a new crane from Steve Mclean
Here is Steve Mclean and Jon Doyle after putting the deal together and looking at Steve`s collection. Time to load the rig onto Daryl Gushee`s trailer.

Doyle Collection - walter linn oshkosh fwd
The old I.H. wouldn`t start. Steve Mclean has a great deal of experience and knowledge of this. Steve went to his toolbox and selected just the right size and shape rock. Within a few seconds she was purring like a kitten. "Scratch that ", Purring like a ........ well it was running. I hope he showed Jon how to get it started.

Jon Doyle with a look of question. I think he was wondering if trading in the running Walter snofighter was a good decision.

This is mosquito control the Maine way as Jon cruises Steves yard.

Jack Gushee and Steve Mclean guide Jon Doyle and the old I.H. with Bucyrus Erie Hydracrane on.

Here is Jack Gushee, Steve Mclean, and Jon Doyle. The old I.H. is loaded and ready for chain down. The bucket and shovel and broom were for cleaning all the rust off the trailer that fell off the crane while loading. Plowman

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A number of years ago I got some pictures of Jon's collection of AWD plow trucks. This trip I got to see them up close and personal, including rides in three of them. They are in great shape, the fleet continues to grow and the owner is a very gracious host to an enthusiast like me.

The fleet includes Walters, Oshkosh, Ford/Marmon-Harrington, FWD and a Coleman

Nice Coleman with the typical IH pick-up cab.

This Ford has an interesting history. It was originally a NATO truck used in Europe. The dash plates (two sets) are in French and Belgian. This is a great original, rust-free MH ford with low mileage. Jon has will have it repainted in the original color.

Great looking Oshkosh complete with ballast concrete blocks!

Two more fine examples, another Walter (complete with two sets of ear-muffs to help with the noise from the Detroit 6-71) and a terrific Ford M-H.

This truck was the start of Jon's collection, another nice Ford M-H.