Profile Picture

Kemp Sale Photos

Posted By bshoesey 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (685 reputation)5th Direct (685 reputation)5th Direct (685 reputation)5th Direct (685 reputation)5th Direct (685 reputation)5th Direct (685 reputation)5th Direct (685 reputation)5th Direct (685 reputation)5th Direct (685 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
This is a photo of Dick Kemps Linn. The plow is not attached, only sitting there. One of my drivers,Larry Worley, who is restoring a brockway would visit with Dick when he went to hillsborough to visit his mother in law. She is a friend of Dick`s mother. Plowman

http://www.badgoat.net/Old Snow Plow Equipment/Miscellaneous & Off Topic/Miscellaneous/Kemp Sale Photos/GW896H624-1.jpg

I only learned about this collection earlier this year from a fellow enthusiast here in Erie. The trip this fall was planned around a trip thru New York, New Hampshire and Maine especially to include this collection. This is a long time collection of trucks and construction equipment, probably 100 trucks and 25 tractors/equipment. It was well worth the effort getting there and I hope to get back there soon.

http://www.badgoat.net/Old Snow Plow Equipment/Miscellaneous & Off Topic/Miscellaneous/Kemp Sale Photos/GW709H531-2.jpg

This is a typical view at the Kemp Collection

Kemp Collection at Hillsboro New Hampshire - walter linn oshkosh fwd

Another typical view

Slightly off topic, but a nice Buffalo Springfield roller (remember I spent 35 years in highway maintenance so stuff like this kind of matters)

Curious looking scarifier on the back of the Buffalo Springfield roller

Here's an old PDH photo of a very early soil cement road project on Dunn Valley Road in Erie county. This could very well be the kind of project that scarifier looking thing may have been used on.

http://www.badgoat.net/Old Snow Plow Equipment/Miscellaneous & Off Topic/Miscellaneous/Kemp Sale Photos/GW678H508-7.jpg

The best surprise at the Kemp site was this 1936 Caterpillar track machine with a complete LaPlant-Choate vee plow and double wing setup. I guess I thought I may never get to see one of these!

The curious thing about the Kemp collection is that the future may well be up in the air. The owner passed away and apparently there is some legal wrangling about ownership of the property and the equipment. This is located on a beautiful piece of property along a river and I suppose would be prime real estate development land. Anyone with more information about the problem here, please keep us updated. An auction of this equipment would be something not to miss but more importantly, the collection should remain in tact.

As promised, here's another one of my lousy pictures, this one of a Walter belly plow.

Linn van sitting at Kemp's. My wife really liked this one!