Profile Picture

Coleman Trucks

Posted By jhancock 7 Years Ago
Rated 4.3 stars based on 3 votes.
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (5.8K reputation)13th Over (5.8K reputation)13th Over (5.8K reputation)13th Over (5.8K reputation)13th Over (5.8K reputation)13th Over (5.8K reputation)13th Over (5.8K reputation)13th Over (5.8K reputation)13th Over (5.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Yes

Chopped Liver, I've got my own rope thank you very much.
Eddy.Lucast@remotedata.com
203-228-1961

thundersnow70
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (67 reputation)First Gear (67 reputation)First Gear (67 reputation)First Gear (67 reputation)First Gear (67 reputation)First Gear (67 reputation)First Gear (67 reputation)First Gear (67 reputation)First Gear (67 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have compiled a list of parts, suppliers and Coleman part numbers and will post it soon. I'm curious if you guys want a step by step as it goes back together? Should be pretty straight forward. Just reverse of disassembly.
thundersnow70
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (67 reputation)First Gear (67 reputation)First Gear (67 reputation)First Gear (67 reputation)First Gear (67 reputation)First Gear (67 reputation)First Gear (67 reputation)First Gear (67 reputation)First Gear (67 reputation)

figured it was a good time to see how the t-case looked. It hasn't been able to shift between hi and low range since I bought it. Got it split and everything looks great. Gears show just about no wear. Bearings are all in great shape. Got the hi/lo fork freed up and all is well. It will get cleaned and resealed. It's a model 40 by the way. And it's a big gear driven beast.
thundersnow70
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

that is where the inner axle seal lives. Remove the eight bolts holding the stub on and the stub falls right off.
thundersnow70
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

notch goes towards the back in this application. Stub bolts have nuts on the inboard side. This is mainly for my record
thundersnow70
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

hot tip of the day. In this pic of the clean stub you can see three small holes. The back hole is from a grease zerk. The front two, upper and lower are for driving out the races. I drove out the upper race, then attacked the bottom one. Then the spindle slide off. Assembly might be interesting because I'm my mind the new races should be installed prior to the spindle being placed on the stub but I'm not sure that possible.
thundersnow70
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

that was NOT FUN.
thundersnow70
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

underside of upper cap with bearing in it. You can also see the race in the top of the stub. Now it goes down and out if all goes well. I'm taking that race out next to give me more room.
thundersnow70
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

came in from the back to tap the wedge out. Wiggled the spindle down far enough to get a couple flat tips under the upper bearing cap to pry it out.
thundersnow70
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

All the bushings are oillite. They are still in business and still manufactured. You can also see the spring tension brake adjustment cam.