Profile Picture

Aviation Thread

Posted By Michelle Cole 9 Years Ago
Rated 2.8 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
So, let's hijack this thread (sort of):rolleyes: and get back to old trucks (sort of):). Anybody tell me what the KW truck has in common with the B-29's?

http://images.hemmings.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/05/kenworthgasturbine_02_1000.jpg

Trucks, give me trucks!!! --- I'M LIKING TRUCKSWhen we see what we want to see, and hear what we want to hear---- all too often we miss the point!

I'm where I'm at when I'm all there! But,when I'm here, how can I be all there?

George Murphey --

eymurphey
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Skip (30/03/2013)
Well, I hate to brag (no I don't), but 18 years ago I made our wedding cake from an old English cookbook. It was summer and the windows were open, and since it took about six hours for the 3 layers to cook, the neighbors were crowding around like there was free money involved. Right now I have a second batch of orange-chocolate muffins in the oven, but the windows are closed. They go in our Easter baskets to the neighbors.:D

Wouldn't a new English cookbook have tasted better????

Trucks, give me trucks!!! --- I'M LIKING TRUCKSWhen we see what we want to see, and hear what we want to hear---- all too often we miss the point!

I'm where I'm at when I'm all there! But,when I'm here, how can I be all there?

George Murphey --

Michelle Cole
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Nope, not a Huey.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

jhancock
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
[quote]Michelle Cole (30/03/2013)
I know this is not the best picture. It has a little too much light to be able to see real good, but can anyone tell me what aircraft cockpit I was in when I made the picture? If you have been in one you will recognize it at once.

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/Uploads/Images/926f48b6-b096-4d48-aff8-794b.jpg[/q

uote]

I will guess Huey helicopter.

Jim

All brands of turbochargers professionally rewound and synchronized.
                                         ------------------------
                        No one ever said "My garage is just too big".
                                          ----------------------
           Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you are right.

chocko
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Direct

6th Direct (1.6K reputation)6th Direct (1.6K reputation)6th Direct (1.6K reputation)6th Direct (1.6K reputation)6th Direct (1.6K reputation)6th Direct (1.6K reputation)6th Direct (1.6K reputation)6th Direct (1.6K reputation)6th Direct (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Months Ago
Wayne Graham just read your post about tracers. I was on a motor gunboat in Nam it was pretty heavily armed for the size of it. The twin 20's had every 5th round a tracer. This could be standard practice but if you wanted you could increase the number between rounds.This was on a VN boat but they pretty much copied what was U.S. Joe D.
autocartodd
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (74 reputation)First Gear (74 reputation)First Gear (74 reputation)First Gear (74 reputation)First Gear (74 reputation)First Gear (74 reputation)First Gear (74 reputation)First Gear (74 reputation)First Gear (74 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I like to eat,I've invented a pretty good recipe for stewed beef and onions,and don't know too much about aircraft, but If I ever hit the lotto,I'll have an F4U Corsair in my garage,next to my Autocar and John Deere tractor.
Michelle Cole
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)

I know this is not the best picture. It has a little too much light to be able to see real good, but can anyone tell me what aircraft cockpit I was in when I made the picture? If you have been in one you will recognize it at once.

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/Uploads/Images/926f48b6-b096-4d48-aff8-794b.jpg

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

Michelle Cole
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

I made some pretty good chicken and dumplings this week. My mom and I have been eating on them for several days. I think tonight will be the last night.

jhancock
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)13th direct (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I experiment with some cooking and different recipes, but I have FULLY mastered the eating part!

Jim

All brands of turbochargers professionally rewound and synchronized.
                                         ------------------------
                        No one ever said "My garage is just too big".
                                          ----------------------
           Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you are right.

Skip
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Well, I hate to brag (no I don't), but 18 years ago I made our wedding cake from an old English cookbook. It was summer and the windows were open, and since it took about six hours for the 3 layers to cook, the neighbors were crowding around like there was free money involved. Right now I have a second batch of orange-chocolate muffins in the oven, but the windows are closed. They go in our Easter baskets to the neighbors.:D