Profile Picture

Reflecting on the past 4 years...

Posted By ColoradoGreen 8 Years Ago
Rated 2.8 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
I'm new welcome me

I'm new welcome me (0 reputation)I'm new welcome me (0 reputation)I'm new welcome me (0 reputation)I'm new welcome me (0 reputation)I'm new welcome me (0 reputation)I'm new welcome me (0 reputation)I'm new welcome me (0 reputation)I'm new welcome me (0 reputation)I'm new welcome me (0 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Now, is someone's wife gonna' offer me some bourbon?

10-4 Magazine - For Today's Trucker! ALL IMAGES COPYRIGHT 10-4 MAGAZINE/ TROY MILLER

I'm not fearless, I'm just stupid!
Geoff Weeks
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)13th direct (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 minutes ago
Thakyou MR Robinson!
badgoat
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Good! I was worried that no one would get it.
ColoradoGreen
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
I'm new welcome me

I'm new welcome me (0 reputation)I'm new welcome me (0 reputation)I'm new welcome me (0 reputation)I'm new welcome me (0 reputation)I'm new welcome me (0 reputation)I'm new welcome me (0 reputation)I'm new welcome me (0 reputation)I'm new welcome me (0 reputation)I'm new welcome me (0 reputation)

badgoat (23/05/2013)
I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. "Plastics"

I've honestly been waiting for someone to say this!

Troy.

10-4 Magazine - For Today's Trucker! ALL IMAGES COPYRIGHT 10-4 MAGAZINE/ TROY MILLER

I'm not fearless, I'm just stupid!
badgoat
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. "Plastics"
John Dameron
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (964 reputation)5th Direct (964 reputation)5th Direct (964 reputation)5th Direct (964 reputation)5th Direct (964 reputation)5th Direct (964 reputation)5th Direct (964 reputation)5th Direct (964 reputation)5th Direct (964 reputation)

Congratulations, Troy. Now you have at least two choices concerning what you wish to do from now on.

You don't need a parachute to skydive you only need a parachute to skydive twice.
TEWHITEIV
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Third Gear

Third Gear (319 reputation)Third Gear (319 reputation)Third Gear (319 reputation)Third Gear (319 reputation)Third Gear (319 reputation)Third Gear (319 reputation)Third Gear (319 reputation)Third Gear (319 reputation)Third Gear (319 reputation)

That's great Troy. It can be a lot of fun out there in the real world, if you don't mess it up. From what I've seen over the years, I have come to the conclusion that people can't stand to have it made. Whether it be a job, marraige, or whatever, if it's going well, they can't stand it and have to mess it up somehow. Don't be one of those people. Follow your heart, but keep your head handy to make sensible decisions. Don't go for any of those "company store" deals, where you have lots of perks but little cash. They start out well, but in the end leave you with very little. Be your own person, stay focused, make your own decisions and get paid for what you do and what you are worth. Move forward with strength and precision. Moving ahead 3 spaces and back 2 doesn't get you as far as moving ahead 1 1/2 solid spaces.

Use the "high entropy or low entropy" method in buying things. Low entropy items cannot be changed much and hold their value, like a big piece of rock. High entropy items are easily damaged, like a statue. Knock a corner off a rock and it still has it's same value, knock a corner off a statue and it loses a lot of value. This can be applied to vehicles, (fancy SUV with all the bells and whistles vs. basic SUV model), homes, etc. Land is "low entropy" (cannot be changed much to lower it's value), vs. fancy sports car (one dent or ding, a few gadgets quit working and it loses a lot of value). Stay away from easy credit and credit cards as much as you can, no need in paying somebody to help you spend your money. You can save a little and be your own bank on most items. Life goes by fast and there is no going back, enjoy!

All I need is one more Good Deal and I'll be out of Business.

I'll stick with the old and they can stick the new.
deguitars
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Congratulations! As others have said or alluded to, having options is an empowering tool to have in your arsenal.

I have two college degrees myself which I rarely use 25-plus years down the road (the Business degree I use a little since I am self-employed, the English degree not so much) but I firmly believe what you learn in college is not as important as the experience itself.

But don't forget to enjoy yourself too because the "race", as you describe it, stops for no one.

Cheers,
David
oldtrucknut74
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Fourth Gear (441 reputation)Fourth Gear (441 reputation)Fourth Gear (441 reputation)Fourth Gear (441 reputation)Fourth Gear (441 reputation)Fourth Gear (441 reputation)Fourth Gear (441 reputation)Fourth Gear (441 reputation)Fourth Gear (441 reputation)

Group: Anonymous / Guest
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Congratulations on your degree. Education is lifelong and sometimes the education you get in real life is more important than in the academic classroom.

Thomas Hudgins
1970 Chevrolet K20 
1974 International F4270 Eagle

Stretch
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
First of all congratulations!

Whatever career you finally choose, start planning now about your retirement.

Figure out what's going to be there for you when you get to the end of your career.

The more time you have to let compounded interest or returns on investment work the better off you'll be!

I know it seems like a long way off, but you don't want to get to the age when people you know start retiring,

and enjoying life and realize that you don't have the same opportunity. Because by then it's too late.

By the way, since you've read Homer's Illiad, watch the movie " Brother Where Art Though ". Believe it or not

it's based on Homer's work. Maybe you already knew.