Profile Picture

Seen for sale

Posted By kblackav8or 10 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 hours ago
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-International-Harvester-Other-VF/253848722119?hash=item3b1a901ac7:g:htoAAOSwKqlbjXHl&vxp=mtr

Too bad the rest of it isn't there...for the asking price.

H.S.Blake
1971 IH VCO(T)-190 Leach 2R Packmaster
Fawnskin, CA 6,750 feet above tidewater
rubbishman
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)5th Over (1.5K reputation)

Agree!

H.S.Blake
Stretch
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)5th Over (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
Remembering Peter J.
I'm hoisting a cold Coors Light in honor of him--right now.
I agree with Eddy.
Pay it forward.
Eddy Lucast
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (6.3K reputation)13th Over (6.3K reputation)13th Over (6.3K reputation)13th Over (6.3K reputation)13th Over (6.3K reputation)13th Over (6.3K reputation)13th Over (6.3K reputation)13th Over (6.3K reputation)13th Over (6.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Freightrain (8/13/2018)

I have no one to leave my junk to either.  What happens to it after I'm gone?   Won't really much matter to me.

You pick someone you hope will love it and care for it and you give it to them.

Sometimes you get lucky and it works out.

Double Mountain Manufacturing LLC
EddyLucast@hotmail.com 
203-228-1961

rubbishman
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

I know my stuff will be picked over as I have a recording studio with vintage gear and a large record library of stuff no one even knows who the artists are, all the truck manuals etc. who knows.
As for the garbage truck probably pennies on the 100 dollars. A museum in Florida was interested in it but I don't think my kids would bother.

H.S.Blake
Freightrain
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)6th Over (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Was talking with an older friend Saturday night.   He had his '65 Comet out to a friends cook out.  John is near 80, has parkinsons and is slowly getting worse.  He talked about almost not finishing the car, but said I might as well get it painted and drive it.  He flogs it for all it's worth, small block Ford, 2 carbs, 5 spd, straight axle.  Really neat piece.  He said he won't be driving for much longer and the kids won't know what to do with it and all they will want is the money.  I told him after the first rock chip in the paint it is all downhill from there.  He agreed.  When he pulled out, he laid rubber through 2 gears with a masterful powershift.  I just laughed and told the crowd standing there "Not bad for a guy that was nearly 80 and has parkinsons!"

I have no one to leave my junk to either.  What happens to it after I'm gone?   Won't really much matter to me.

Larry

I'm no expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Needle-Nose
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (889 reputation)5th Direct (889 reputation)5th Direct (889 reputation)5th Direct (889 reputation)5th Direct (889 reputation)5th Direct (889 reputation)5th Direct (889 reputation)5th Direct (889 reputation)5th Direct (889 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
"Someone who would care for it"......I met a young 19 yr old at a recent truck show that is just over the moon with old trucks and equipment and he bought several manuals and a couple of Cummins specialty tools as well as a few tid bits. He so inspired me with his enthusiasm that I told him I had some more specialty tools for Cummins & Detroit worth about $1200 and he could take em away for $300. So much better than in some garage sale after I tip over and he is very excited with the find. Hopefully when the time comes to divest myself of other possessions I have no more use for I will be lucky and run into more young people eager to get the stuff and make good use of it once more.

Be careful when you follow the MASSES......sometimes the "M" is silent.

Geoff Weeks
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)13th direct (4.1K reputation)

Guy''s, How 'bout talking with someone here who you know and trust about a mutual agreement to handle the sale, or at least value,  for your widow?  I know I would hate to see my stuff go to scrap, and am less concerned about getting top dollar than I am about it going to someone who would care for it.
As long as you share expectations I would think there would be no hard feelings.
Jim Rose
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)5th Over (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I have waited to long to dispose of my old iron, too feeble. My daughter knows nothing about selling anything and my old iron will probably go to China.

Wolfcreek_Steve (8/11/2018)
Needle-Nose (8/11/2018)
Hamish (8/10/2018)
There sure are a lot of very ignorant sellers out there! A very nice old truck-WB20 or WB22, I guess? Let's hope it isn't turned into a ratrod.

I suppose it would depend on who you cosider "Ignorant", in the last 4 yr's I have helped 2 families work their way through estate issues with regards to collectable trucks. They were very pleased to have assistance dealing with the issue and I would expect there to be many more such cases where folks havn't had the help they need to deal with stuff like this. I expect there to be more of this in the coming yr's as people in my generation pass and a dwindling interest in most things "Old".

I pity my wife if she has to dispose of my stuff, I have thinned the herd over the years, but there is no way to explain to her what everything is and how to sell it.

Wolfcreek_Steve
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.1K reputation)13th direct (3.1K reputation)13th direct (3.1K reputation)13th direct (3.1K reputation)13th direct (3.1K reputation)13th direct (3.1K reputation)13th direct (3.1K reputation)13th direct (3.1K reputation)13th direct (3.1K reputation)

Needle-Nose (8/11/2018)
Hamish (8/10/2018)
There sure are a lot of very ignorant sellers out there! A very nice old truck-WB20 or WB22, I guess? Let's hope it isn't turned into a ratrod.

I suppose it would depend on who you cosider "Ignorant", in the last 4 yr's I have helped 2 families work their way through estate issues with regards to collectable trucks. They were very pleased to have assistance dealing with the issue and I would expect there to be many more such cases where folks havn't had the help they need to deal with stuff like this. I expect there to be more of this in the coming yr's as people in my generation pass and a dwindling interest in most things "Old".

I pity my wife if she has to dispose of my stuff, I have thinned the herd over the years, but there is no way to explain to her what everything is and how to sell it.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
“He, who is without oil, shall throw the first rod” Compressions 8.7:1
Steve Peterson
Central Wisconsin

Follow The Leaders For They Know The Way AUTOCAR