Profile Picture

kenworth k100c and w900a

Posted By v8detroit 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
hi i am looking for a pair of high back seats for my k100c in ox blood must be in good condition as it is impossible to get any one to re cover them here in Ireland.also need a pair for my w900a in brown .any help would be appreciated greatly .
Attachments
johns trucks 003.jpg (77 views, 3.00 MB)
deguitars
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
John, Good to see you around these parts. I don't think we've chatted since the days of the original K100 Club. Anyway, as you probably can guess it's going to be nigh impossible to find what you're looking for, especially if it has to be in a particular color. I would suggest going about it in stages. That is, find the seat assemblies and then worry about the cushions. Get in touch with Russell Whal on Ebay (he goes by "Arizona Truck Parts" or something like that) and he can probably put together seat frames and such for you. I have extra fiberglass buckets if you need them. Russell might also have cushions to use as patterns.

Cheers,
David
v8detroit
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)First Gear (25 reputation)

Hi David ,
i have been keeping a eye on your restoration wow great job i am just amazed how easy it is to get parts made ( i know they cost a fortune ) here in Ireland it is impossible to get any one off parts . thats why i am trying for a set of seats because the upholsters here just don`t understand "i want it as per the original" and as for getting the kw stamp it would be impossible .Bill Bradford had a nice pair in his k100 before he restored it . we have to go to England to get any chrome work done.think i will have to move over to America LOL . i asked a local painter for a price to repaint my k100 and when he suggested vinyl stickers for the stripes i said no i want them painted he said stickers would look good !!! and mask grab handles horns lights etc :ermm: i miss the old k100 club i don`t like facebook much but i am on the k100 club and k100 aerodyne club .thanks for the great detail in your post`s very interesting and informative ,why did you change the detroit , although i like the sound of a cummins ticking over with a slight bit of turbo whistle . keep up the good work regards John
Eddy Lucast
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (5.7K reputation)13th Over (5.7K reputation)13th Over (5.7K reputation)13th Over (5.7K reputation)13th Over (5.7K reputation)13th Over (5.7K reputation)13th Over (5.7K reputation)13th Over (5.7K reputation)13th Over (5.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
You'd be better off posting an ad in the classified ad section.

Chopped Liver, I've got my own rope thank you very much.
Eddy.Lucast@remotedata.com
203-228-1961

roKWiz
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (805 reputation)5th Direct (805 reputation)5th Direct (805 reputation)5th Direct (805 reputation)5th Direct (805 reputation)5th Direct (805 reputation)5th Direct (805 reputation)5th Direct (805 reputation)5th Direct (805 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hi John,Great looking trucks there. I remember your truck as well on the old K100club site, pitty it wasn't still going. ( I don't do facebook)
You can aways head over to Australia (not much further) for two reasons we still build cabover Kenworths here and when you get here your steering wheel is on the right side.
Welcome. Geoff

Cabover Nut
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come...Denis Diderot 1752

deguitars
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)Fourth Gear (461 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
John, that's a shame things are so tough for you over there. Come on over here..the water is fine, I swear! Let me know if you make any progress with Russell on the seats and, like I said, I have a good set of buckets if you need them. By the way, I'm pretty sure the seats of Bill's you were referring to were the later Bostrom version. The Detroit needed to be rebuilt so I decided to sink my money into something else. I always preferred the Cummins anyway...if I can't have a 1693 Cat, that is!

I don't do Facebook (like Geoff!) so I have no idea what's going on with the K100 Club. I had to part ways with that anyway so I just hang out here now. I miss having a blog of the build but I try to keep my thread here updated.

Cheers!

David
v8detroit
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

thanks Geoff i did look at Australian kenworths but they work them hard there but it would have been great to have a right hand drive .my truck has not done much work and is in very good condition .its just hard to get any one to do any thing unusual.ther are quite a few kenworths in Ireland but no one works them just toy`s . regards John.
v8detroit
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

thanks David
i would love the seats Bill had i know there not correct but they would have been perfect for me.i missed your rebuild on the k100 club and just had to go on face book to see how Paul Cox`s kenworth is coming along another amazing job .i would swap the detroit for a cat but would have to be a 3408 my w900a has a 425 3406a in it but needs a rebuild as well.i do look on the ATHS site as well they are great for information and advice from people like your self who have done the work and know what they are talking about.i was trying to get straight 40 w oil for the detroit and was told they don`t need it and 15w40 will be ok :ermm: i knew i should have bought a Scania HA ha .look forward to more of your post`s David great work as always .regards John
v8detroit
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

thanks Eddy i just thought i would ask on here as i know every one reads the posts. like David said it would be near impossible to get what i want but i would be ok with the newer bostroms from the mid 80`s .thanks for your help regards john
roKWiz
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (805 reputation)5th Direct (805 reputation)5th Direct (805 reputation)5th Direct (805 reputation)5th Direct (805 reputation)5th Direct (805 reputation)5th Direct (805 reputation)5th Direct (805 reputation)5th Direct (805 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
John, seeing as your in the members truck section, why not post some pictures of your trucks, I reckon others would like to see them as well. I haven't seen the W900 and would like to see some more detailed pictures.Go on. Please.

Geoff

Cabover Nut
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come...Denis Diderot 1752