Profile Picture

Joe Wanchura

Posted By Tony Cabanellas 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (82 reputation)First Gear (82 reputation)First Gear (82 reputation)First Gear (82 reputation)First Gear (82 reputation)First Gear (82 reputation)First Gear (82 reputation)First Gear (82 reputation)First Gear (82 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
R.I.P. Joe: http://www.thestarpress.com/article/20131126/OBITUARIES/311260313/Joseph-S-Wanchura-83
John Frances
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Direct

6th Direct (2.0K reputation)6th Direct (2.0K reputation)6th Direct (2.0K reputation)6th Direct (2.0K reputation)6th Direct (2.0K reputation)6th Direct (2.0K reputation)6th Direct (2.0K reputation)6th Direct (2.0K reputation)6th Direct (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
Old trucks would be alot less interesting without Joe Wanchura pictures.
clyde318
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)6th Over (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
My deepest sympathies to Joe's family. Truly one of the great ones from trucking's glorious past. Had the pleasure to meet Joe at South Bend. What a treat to talk with him for way too brief a time.
Slim 3979
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
We have known Joe since 1981 and can truly call him a friend. The obit says that he had been a trucker for "several " years but just today we found a letter he had written to us in 2009 and he said at that time he had been a trucker for 60 years. Every time I saw him the first question he asked me was "where is your wife?" He loved my wife and she did him. In a long discussion with Joe one time, he finally admitted that his favorite truck was a Hendrickson. Even tho Joe could not hear, we had long discussions about his years in the trucking business. At the Old Time Truck show in Richmond, Indiana in 2009 he donated a huge box of his pictures to the magazine for publication. Some of those you see each month published in the Old Time Truck magazine. He was a remarkable photographer. Think of him each time you see those pictures.

Joe absolutely loved Nancy and we can honestly say that he was a very dear friend of ours and we will truly miss him.

R. I. P., Joe