Profile Picture

Clearcoat on rims

Posted By Jeeperscreepers 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (857 reputation)5th Direct (857 reputation)5th Direct (857 reputation)5th Direct (857 reputation)5th Direct (857 reputation)5th Direct (857 reputation)5th Direct (857 reputation)5th Direct (857 reputation)5th Direct (857 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Wolfcreek_Steve (25/07/2012)
68CRACKERBOX (25/07/2012)
THAT'S JUST WHAT WE DON'T NEED ON HERE IS A SPAMMER FROM INDIA,:w00t: HOPE EDDY CAN CUT HIM OFF.

ATHS site has at least 3 new spams similar to this one this morning. A new wave of the future!

I kill four to five every morning at BMT.

Rob

Disseminator of intimate knowledge of nothing about everything.

Wolfcreek_Steve
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
68CRACKERBOX (25/07/2012)
THAT'S JUST WHAT WE DON'T NEED ON HERE IS A SPAMMER FROM INDIA,:w00t: HOPE EDDY CAN CUT HIM OFF.

ATHS site has at least 3 new spams similar to this one this morning. A new wave of the future!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
“He, who is without oil, shall throw the first rod” Compressions 8.7:1
Steve Peterson
Central Wisconsin

Follow The Leaders For They Know The Way AUTOCAR

68CRACKERBOX
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (950 reputation)5th Direct (950 reputation)5th Direct (950 reputation)5th Direct (950 reputation)5th Direct (950 reputation)5th Direct (950 reputation)5th Direct (950 reputation)5th Direct (950 reputation)5th Direct (950 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago

Bob

classictrucksofflorida@gmail.com

Rob
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (857 reputation)5th Direct (857 reputation)5th Direct (857 reputation)5th Direct (857 reputation)5th Direct (857 reputation)5th Direct (857 reputation)5th Direct (857 reputation)5th Direct (857 reputation)5th Direct (857 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
tailoredcarmat (25/07/2012)
A while coming back a polisher that is out at the Petro at Wheeler Wide range was showing me that even the Alcoa properly secured wheels need maintenance. Gradually that element will "dry" and tedious. He said that to keep the element "lubricated" he uses a bit of complement feelings on a rag, kid kid child baby wipes the wheels, then element fans a little.
Spammer from India.

{Edited by Eddy to get rid of the link in the SPAM message}

Disseminator of intimate knowledge of nothing about everything.

Wolfcreek_Steve
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I had a set of alloy car rims stripped a number of years ago, the procedure was heat to 400 degrees for 1/2 hr. then shot blast with steel shot. The heat breaks down the clearcoat. (powdercoat) The shotblasting supposedly creates less stress risers than sandblasting. The surface finish would have been way to rough for clearcoat, but I powdercoated with a color and they looked smooth.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
“He, who is without oil, shall throw the first rod” Compressions 8.7:1
Steve Peterson
Central Wisconsin

Follow The Leaders For They Know The Way AUTOCAR

John Hanson
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)Fourth Gear (501 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
On any aluminum, the best protectant after polishing is Evershield. http://www.stewartsystems.aero/products/138/evershield-2-oz-kit-55-sq-ft

It's a spray or wipe on, liquid ceramic metal treatment that is permanent and very very durable!! I've used it for years, and had the best luck! I polished my Harley in '96...people still comment on what a job it has on it!

If you do decide to try it, contact me. I used to tech-rep the stuff and will walk you through the application.

JH

I was put on this earth to do a certain amount of things....right now, I'm so far behind I could never die!
Rusty Nail
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Second Gear

Second Gear (164 reputation)Second Gear (164 reputation)Second Gear (164 reputation)Second Gear (164 reputation)Second Gear (164 reputation)Second Gear (164 reputation)Second Gear (164 reputation)Second Gear (164 reputation)Second Gear (164 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Eddy, what can you tell me about KBS's Diamond Finish clear? I was thinking about using it to protect the aluminum bumper I have for my truck, after polishing.
TommyZ
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Second Gear

Second Gear (116 reputation)Second Gear (116 reputation)Second Gear (116 reputation)Second Gear (116 reputation)Second Gear (116 reputation)Second Gear (116 reputation)Second Gear (116 reputation)Second Gear (116 reputation)Second Gear (116 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Just a tidbit I thought I'd share about reconditioning aluminum wheels. My son found us two 24.5 stud piloted aluminum Budds for our KW front axle the other day, for $75.00 for two. Not only that, but he also located a guy in Tewksbury, Mass. that has an automated polishing machine for wheels that sands them and then polishes them to a better-than-brand-new shine. They were absolutely shot when he got them, but now they have an unbelievable shine, like I said, better than new aluminum, and it was $85.00/wheel. So for $245.00 we have two brand new Alcoa Budds for less than the price of one new one really.

You can bring him an inside wheel covered in gear oil and 25 years of dirt and they will come out show quality....well worth the $85 bucks because you'll never get them that way by hand no matter how much you work at it. He'll do either side for $85 bucks, or both, X2.

I'm sold on this deal. From now on all my wheels will go to him.

Anyone interested in more info, just let me know and I'll send it to you.

"Wait till you see THIS one, honey...!"
Eddy Lucast
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
Dan before you go to far use a good degreaser thats good for aluminum. You maybe surprised at the results for a lot less effort. I know you asked about a sealer. Heres a before and after of wheels in similiar shape. THis was done using a degreaser called AquaKlean http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/Uploads/Images/95428aee-2721-4b5b-9b8f-18d3.jpg

http://kbs.justoldtrucks.com/
Eddy.Lucast@remotedata.com
203-228-1961

dclerici
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Second Gear

Second Gear (133 reputation)Second Gear (133 reputation)Second Gear (133 reputation)Second Gear (133 reputation)Second Gear (133 reputation)Second Gear (133 reputation)Second Gear (133 reputation)Second Gear (133 reputation)Second Gear (133 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
A while back a polisher that hangs out at the Petro at Wheeler Ridge was telling me that even the Alcoa coated wheels need maintenance. Over time that coating will "dry" and dull. He said that to keep the coating "lubricated" he uses a small amount of mineral spirits on a rag, wipes the wheels, then hand buffs a little.

To me, this sounds resonable but I can't tell you if it actually needs to be done or not.

Dave.