Profile Picture

Introduction From A New Guy!!

Posted By Tony Trout 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (6 reputation)First Gear (6 reputation)First Gear (6 reputation)First Gear (6 reputation)First Gear (6 reputation)First Gear (6 reputation)First Gear (6 reputation)First Gear (6 reputation)First Gear (6 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hey, ya'll!!

I registered here recently and never got around to introducing myself.  I hope this is the right place for formal introductions??

My name is Tony Trout and I'm a son of a former long haul/short haul OTR truck driver who's name was Junior Trout.  He was employed by Turpin Trucking Company which was formerly based in Hiawassee, GA.  

When I was born, the doctors in Cleveland, TN told my Mom and Dad that I would never live and, even if I did, I would be institutionalized and I wouldn't know anyone or anything and be in a vegetative state for all of my life - which, they predicted, wouldn't be past twelve years old.  God knew more than they did and here I am thirty-eight years later and I've been blessed with the gift of being able to play several musical instruments: 

Guitars:  acoustic/electric/bass/slide/lap steel/b-bender
Piano/Keyboards
Drums

And I also sing!!  

Before I lost my father on February 5, 1980, I remember going to Gainesville, GA a few times with Mom and Dad and, during one of those trips, Mom set me over in the driver's seat of the cab of that Mack F COE and I sat there pretending I was driving.  I so badly wanted to be a driver - but my health situation has prevented that.  :(

I'm glad I found this place!!  If there's one thing I wish I could have, other than having my father back, it would be to have a model built of my father's white Mack F COE with the trailer - but that probably won't ever happen, either, because I don't have the money to spend on having one made.  :(  

I just wanted to introduce myself and I hope that I have placed this in the right forum.  

Thank you guys for having me!!

God Bless, 
Tony Trout 
Jeff Lakaszcyck
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (10.9K reputation)13th Over (10.9K reputation)13th Over (10.9K reputation)13th Over (10.9K reputation)13th Over (10.9K reputation)13th Over (10.9K reputation)13th Over (10.9K reputation)13th Over (10.9K reputation)13th Over (10.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Tony, welcome to JOT. You might re-post this in the Peter J section, I think more people will see it there.

Jeff