Profile Picture

White Super Power

Posted By TonyClemens 7 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (7 reputation)First Gear (7 reputation)First Gear (7 reputation)First Gear (7 reputation)First Gear (7 reputation)First Gear (7 reputation)First Gear (7 reputation)First Gear (7 reputation)First Gear (7 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Thanks for the info Bud. Too bad on the 120A pistons being different. I found some of them but have been holding off buying them till I found out whether they were interchangeable with my 140A. I also found an old McQuay Norris catalog that listed a piston #P-276ASX for only the 1941-54 140A,140AB, 140TA Engines. They didn't list any other 3 7/8 bore White pistons so I figured they must be different.Jillian Fredericks from JR parts Company  (IE Garys Halftracks daughter) said that people have been buying the 4" 160AX pistons from her and either boring out the 140A blocks or turning down the pistons to fit the standard 3 7/8 bore. Sounds like a lot of work either way.

Bruce Ohnstad
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (892 reputation)5th Direct (892 reputation)5th Direct (892 reputation)5th Direct (892 reputation)5th Direct (892 reputation)5th Direct (892 reputation)5th Direct (892 reputation)5th Direct (892 reputation)5th Direct (892 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
That's great research, Bud.

It's amazing that parts desks could keep track.  But they may have had dimension drawings available.

Bruce
Bud Tierney
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (33 reputation)First Gear (33 reputation)First Gear (33 reputation)First Gear (33 reputation)First Gear (33 reputation)First Gear (33 reputation)First Gear (33 reputation)First Gear (33 reputation)First Gear (33 reputation)

Find pistons yet??
The 120A no fit, but 20A, lot 7 and up, and 30A lot 5 and up, do per 1944 Sealed Power catalog. their then #1322 Lo-Ex..factory duplicate design....(30 ring set)...
And---maybe??---earlier 20A lot 1, which take an 18 ring set...
And---maybe??---earlier 20A lots 1A thru 6, and earlier 30A lots 1 thru 4, which take a 30 ring set---
The problem here is that the two earlier listings are both noted "use piston 1322P," and I can't find anything in the catalog explaining what the difference might be between pistons #1322 and 1322P.....
Aaron
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Not here, I had 2 holes bored and sleeved and stayed with .060 over

Driving the greenies nuts
http://www.killcarb.com/
John Kozak
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (7 reputation)First Gear (7 reputation)First Gear (7 reputation)First Gear (7 reputation)First Gear (7 reputation)First Gear (7 reputation)First Gear (7 reputation)First Gear (7 reputation)First Gear (7 reputation)

Thanks, I'll contact them. Has anyone bored the 120A or 140A blocks out to accept the 4" pistons, which seem to be available? I was told that was an option.
Aaron
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)13th direct (3.5K reputation)

Egge machine in LA might know and have pistons, but i'd call North west Auto Supply in Grand Rapids Mich and see if Sam has any pistons and a cross ref, thats where i got pistons for a 120 A.

John Kozak
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

I have another Superpower engine question. My 140A engine will need a couple of new pistons. I have found a source for a couple of NOS pistons with the same 3 7/8 bore but they are listed as being for the 120A. Anyone know if the pistons on those two engines are interchangeable? I've asked this question on a couple of forums hoping someone has an old parts book that might show piston #'s for the various engines before they get sold.
rubbishman
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)5th Over (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Since my truck was spec'd for constant stop-go house to house that must be the reason it has a twelve. SE three compartment tank, don't recall the volume, with the spring brake protected tank also special order.

H.S.Blake
1971 IH VCO(T)-190 Leach 2R Packmaster
Fawnskin, CA 6,750 feet above tidewater
Geoff Weeks
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)13th direct (3.3K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
rubbishman (3/15/2019)

I just thought of the fact that some of those compressors might be for air over hydraulic. Would that make any difference or would it still be say a 7.5 for instance. When did Air-Pac come out?

The 7 1/4 was the std for a full air braked  tractor. But most were single screw with a single axle trailer in the early days. Still, its CFM rating would be enough for a five axle rig with a single air system. Air brakes have got so much more complicated in recent times, so many more valves and connections, each a potential source of leak.
 Since to dual brake system 12 CFM is the std, but the newest compressors are much bigger with ABS traction control, and all the other stuff they put on trucks today.

I don't remember the exact requirement, but  it is that the system must recharge from cut in pressure to cut out at rated RPM in a set time limit. There is some adjustment in the time based on how many/large the air tank capacity of the system.
Aaron
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

Its no trouble on my end, but there is a lot of pages to copy over.