Profile Picture

My 1964 Pacific

Posted By ScottM 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Third Gear

Third Gear (265 reputation)Third Gear (265 reputation)Third Gear (265 reputation)Third Gear (265 reputation)Third Gear (265 reputation)Third Gear (265 reputation)Third Gear (265 reputation)Third Gear (265 reputation)Third Gear (265 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 hours ago
Hello All:

Things have been progressing rather slowly over the last while, although they have been progressing.  The cab is going through major surgery at the moment, the right cab corner was replaced, and the left cab corner cut out and awaiting some final fitting and welding.  Over the past year and a bit, the biggest project has been building of a new wiring harness from scratch.  Starting with a couple of rough wiring diagrams I developed a full diagram for the truck and began to assemble everything into a nice neat package, currently I am going through the wiring diagram for a final time to ensure that there are no issues and also checking the harness to ensure that it matches exactly with the diagram.

I haven't added photos for a few months, but you can see all of the progress on the truck at http://prograph.smugmug.com/1964-Pacific

======================
www.cachecreektruckshow.org
Stretch
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)5th Over (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Nice looking work on the harness.
chocko
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Coming along nicely. I have a 1970 KW 924 with the Rockwell drop in 44,000 lb. SRDD'S 5.78 ratio.Joe D.
1955 kw bullnose
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (34 reputation)First Gear (34 reputation)First Gear (34 reputation)First Gear (34 reputation)First Gear (34 reputation)First Gear (34 reputation)First Gear (34 reputation)First Gear (34 reputation)First Gear (34 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Looking good Scott. Goin to be ready for Cache creek this year? Ha.

Justin

1955 Kenworth Bullnose, 262 5x4
1980 Kenworth K100 Aerodyne, cummins 13spd
ScottM
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Third Gear

Third Gear (265 reputation)Third Gear (265 reputation)Third Gear (265 reputation)Third Gear (265 reputation)Third Gear (265 reputation)Third Gear (265 reputation)Third Gear (265 reputation)Third Gear (265 reputation)Third Gear (265 reputation)

Thank you for the comments. I would really like to say that it will be in Cache Creek this year, but the chances are very slim. My plan is to get the body work on the cab completed in the next few weeks and have it off to be dipped hopefully by the end of April, once that is done it is time to tackle the chassis and have the majority of that done and ready for paint this fall. Hopefully the summer of next year can be sent doing final assembly and just enjoying the truck. Time will tell!

======================
Eddy Lucast
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)13th Over (5.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
What are you having the cab dipped in?

http://kbs.justoldtrucks.com/
Eddy.Lucast@remotedata.com
203-228-1961

jhancock
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)6th Over (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
You have quite a project going on!  Keep the updates rolling when you can.

Jim

*Always think for yourself. Don't trust the government.
Tony Bullard
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 33 minutes ago
Scott I'm really impressed with the wiring harness. Did you try to color code it to the wiring drawing?

Tony
ScottM
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Third Gear

I am not too sure exactly what it is going to be dipped in, I will ship it off to a company near Vancouver, B.C. where it will have a hot acid bath to remove absolutely everything.  They will then spray it with a primer to match my paint specs and ship it back to me.  Once the cab arrives at my place I will be able to get in there with a turkey baster (or maybe something more sophisticated) and brush to make sure that the entire cab is fully sealed in all of the nooks, crannies and hidden spots.  

For the wiring, starting with the old Pacific diagrams that were found in the archives I created a new and complete diagram.  In an attempt to avoid having, for example, six red wires next to each other in the harness, a few changes were made, but I tried to keep as closely as possible to the original.  Some of the wire gauges have been increased, just for peace of mind, and well, because I thought those on the listed in the original diagrams seemed awfully light for the current that they were supposed to be carrying.  So I guess the short answer is no, the diagrams colours and gauges don't 100% match the original, but this was one of those times when I had no choice but to stray from original.  When it came to electrical components I tried again to stick with the original way of doing things, the Klixon circuit breakers were tough to find, but I managed to find them at an aircraft parts supplier, who was kind of shocked when I told them they were to be installed in a 60's era logging truck...

======================
ScottM
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Third Gear

Well i spent a bit of time tonight revising a couple of items that I wasnt happy with on the wiring. The power supply from the generator was upgraded to 6ga stranded from 8ga and everything tidied up for the final time. I think now I can say that I am satisfied with the cab portion of the wiring and will
move onto the next stage. Photos were posted on the smug mug page linked in my signature.

======================