Profile Picture

Case Truck ... can you help?

Posted By Jon Lundberg 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)First Gear (8 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
The subject pictured here is a 1923 Case Truck, rated as a 1 Ton.  It was manufactured at the spinoff plant in Wisconsin.  In quite good shape, the subject is in the process of restoration in Tucson, AZ.   A quandry has arisen concerning the vehicle's most appropriate frame color.  The default color is Black.  However, there seems to be a possibility that the chassis frame was painted Case Green.  As this is a museum restoration, we'd like to get it right.  I have been to several archives and museums to no avail (J.I. Case Historical Society, Wisconsin Historical Society, etc.).  Do you know, or can you direct me to someone who can verify, the chassis paint color for this vehicle?  Thank you.
http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/uploads/images/0d786c3c-b855-470b-81a3-7f93.jpg
Wolfcreek_Steve
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
In the picture it is obviously body color, take some sandpaper to the frame and find out if there is another color beneath it. If not, you will know the answer.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
“He, who is without oil, shall throw the first rod” Compressions 8.7:1
Steve Peterson
Central Wisconsin

Follow The Leaders For They Know The Way AUTOCAR

Jeff Lakaszcyck
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Rocket Scientist

Rocket Scientist (11.4K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.4K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.4K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.4K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.4K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.4K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.4K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.4K reputation)Rocket Scientist (11.4K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 seconds ago
That's an interesting truck. You should post your question in the Peter J section, more people will see it. 

Jeff
wayne graham
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
That is a very interesting truck. At different time periods Case seemed to favor 2 tone paint on their machinery and for another period it was all one. Don't have any idea of the reasoning behind this. Strictly as a guess I would think if the fenders and running boards were different from the green then maybe the frame matched them but definitely a guess. I don't think I have ever seen a Case truck.

I cried because I had no shoes till I met a man who had no class.