Profile Picture

I'VE BEEN TO A PLACE , A MAGICAL PLACE, can you guess where I've been?

Posted By TEWHITEIV 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

I'VE BEEN TO A PLACE , A MAGICAL PLACE, can you guess where I've...

Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (626 reputation)5th Direct (626 reputation)5th Direct (626 reputation)5th Direct (626 reputation)5th Direct (626 reputation)5th Direct (626 reputation)5th Direct (626 reputation)5th Direct (626 reputation)5th Direct (626 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Brocky (7/24/2015)
Geoff

With that long wheelbase the Diamond REO would look good back into a dump truck.. Especially if you have a use for it on the farm / ranch...

You are asking the wrong person ( after all I am a Dumb Butt Yankee) about the Palmetto nickname other than we have Palmetto trees all over the state and one is part of the state logo.
Hopefully a native will answer better!!
south carolinas  state tree is the palmetto which was chosen after the revolutionary war.  a palmetto log fort on sullivan island survived british cannons until they (the brits) were defeated and forced to retreat.  the fort was commanded by a col. moultrie at the time

carlotpilot
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (626 reputation)5th Direct (626 reputation)5th Direct (626 reputation)5th Direct (626 reputation)5th Direct (626 reputation)5th Direct (626 reputation)5th Direct (626 reputation)5th Direct (626 reputation)5th Direct (626 reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
geoff    if that old 12 knuckle buster ever gets out of hand on a down hill run you have the best brake of all right down under you just grab both out side levers and shove forward hard until it stops.  the state might not like your method but it works. just make sure your blade is straight across:w00t::crazy:
Wolfcreek_Steve
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)6th Over (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Brocky, that sounds like a good enough answer for me. (but I'm just a hick from Wisconsin)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
“He, who is without oil, shall throw the first rod” Compressions 8.7:1
Steve Peterson
Central Wisconsin

Follow The Leaders For They Know The Way AUTOCAR

Brocky
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Geoff

With that long wheelbase the Diamond REO would look good back into a dump truck.. Especially if you have a use for it on the farm / ranch...

You are asking the wrong person ( after all I am a Dumb Butt Yankee) about the Palmetto nickname other than we have Palmetto trees all over the state and one is part of the state logo.
Hopefully a native will answer better!!

Brocky
GEOFF
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Second Gear

Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Rob, well you are ALREADY ahead of me!!  I STILL don't know how to post pics yet, couple times my daughter helped me it seems like.

GREAT PICS!!  Good job!  Enjoyed seeing that truck again and I was there when you went thru.  Cool to hear that it still drives pretty well.  If the folks on here could see LOOMIS they would love it.  What a cool old town, basically a ghost town.  Was the most vivacious town in the county at one time.  Love that whole valley going up there.  I took Tom and Stephanie up to Whitestone lake and then turned around.  Short on time that night.

Brocky, always good to hear from you.  Thanks for keeping me on the Palmetto email list!   At times I wonder what to do with that DIAMOND REO with the 335 and the 5X4.  I've got too many tractors but might turn it into, or BACK INTO a dump truck.

GREAT QUESTION FOR ALL ON HERE, WHO CAN TELL US ALL WHY THEY CALL SOUTH CAROLINA THE PALMETTO STATE????????  I found out when I went to see where my great grandpa was wounded and captured after being shot by a minie ball that hit his neck in June 1862 on James Island South Carolina.  He was a yankee with the 8th Michigan Vol Infantry.  Thankfully those South Carolina folks nursed him back to health to be paroled later.  

All the best!

GEOFF
gearhead204
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks Brocky, i got it done! .........here ya go Geoff you daily international fix!
the KW log truck of Wills was driven by Kathy Gardner her husband Duane drives it "normally" 
gearhead204
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/uploads/images/839966b3-c00f-4d6f-a16e-c88e.jpg
gearhead204
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/uploads/images/45390407-2baf-4af5-851d-cfa0.jpg
GEOFF
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Second Gear

Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)Second Gear (139 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
TWIV,

Geez you make me laugh!!!  And this grader that I have got to bring home is up on yet ANOTHER HILL!!!!!!  There is a coffee espresso stand at the bottom and I can just imagine IF I make is across US97, I would certainly wake up the coffee drinkers!!!  LOL.  Too many hills around here!  That grader is up on that hill where you met my buddy that runs to LA every week.  

Rob,  That Mack of yours runs WAY TOO STRONG right now!!!!  And you say it's stock!.  Well you have made a believer out of my drivers with that V8 Mack of yours.  What do you call it?  An E9  500??  Still learning the Mack numbers.  All we know is that it runs STRONG and looks good too!  Interesting about the CAT12's.  Heard they had bad brakes.  Notice this one that I just bought has NO PARKING BRAKE either!  Since you have experience maybe you will drive it out to my orchard for me???!!!!!  Nah I will do it, I NEED some excitement.  

You asked me about housing for Ag workers.  I find out that the Blue Bird camp south of town wouldve been a place you could've rented.  Met the guys the other day.  Good folks and would've rented it.  Something to keep in mind!

Thanks for the info regarding that old fire truck.  What a great story!  Thanks for bringing it down to the parade.  Who was the lady driving Will's brand new KW log truck???  Drivers wife????  I saw a guy bringing it into town but a lady driving IN the parade!  Nice looking truck!

Call me any time and come on over to discuss the shop deal.

BROCKY, you've got to come on out sir!  Now that I'm used to a Lousianna accent, your South Carolina talk will be a piece of cake!!

WAYNE,  Thanks for your encouragement.  2012 everything that could go right went right.  2014 everything that possibly COULD go wrong, went WRONG.  Mostly supply and demand although the union strike on all the west coast ports cost me dearly too.  We could NOT export the fruit in a timely reliable fashion.  Oh well, that's behind us and with eternal optimism we forge ahead!

GEOFF
TEWHITEIV
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Third Gear

Third Gear (315 reputation)Third Gear (315 reputation)Third Gear (315 reputation)Third Gear (315 reputation)Third Gear (315 reputation)Third Gear (315 reputation)Third Gear (315 reputation)Third Gear (315 reputation)Third Gear (315 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
gearhead204 (7/23/2015)

. the ole 12 grader will teach you a lesson! or at least mine does! if the brakes work and it stays in gear you will be just fine! McMullins ole 12 would get you attention every so often by jumping out of gear (usually going down grade) and then the brakes may or may not work!  

That's why Geoff keeps a pair of goggles handy on that old 12 grader.  If it ever jumps out of gear on that hill he lives on, he'll be coming through town at about 100 mph. Then I'd have to write a song about that, but there is already one kinda like it called WOLF CREEK PASS.

All I need is one more Good Deal and I'll be out of Business.

I'll stick with the old and they can stick the new.