Profile Picture

Are these Clincher Rims/Two Piece Rims? If so how do you remove them safely and replace them?

Posted By firetruckbro 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Are these Clincher Rims/Two Piece Rims? If so how do you remove them...

Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (13 reputation)First Gear (13 reputation)First Gear (13 reputation)First Gear (13 reputation)First Gear (13 reputation)First Gear (13 reputation)First Gear (13 reputation)First Gear (13 reputation)First Gear (13 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
The red Firestone rims, shown in the above picture, are the same style as what is on my GMC EC-302 dump truck, picture above under "Brownie" question.  Mine have the 8 vent holes, however.  These are nice looking rims and are not to unsafe as truck rims go.
Al
Gordon_M
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Fourth Gear

Fourth Gear (432 reputation)Fourth Gear (432 reputation)Fourth Gear (432 reputation)Fourth Gear (432 reputation)Fourth Gear (432 reputation)Fourth Gear (432 reputation)Fourth Gear (432 reputation)Fourth Gear (432 reputation)Fourth Gear (432 reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
One piece solid ring, military favourite, CCKW and the like. Air out and lever off carefully.

Easy enough, as mentioned you can distort the ring, but you can always bend it back too. Clean ring and seating thoroughly before reassembly.  When you put them back together make sure the ring is properly seated, and inflate in a cage or wrap rope / chain through it - and then put it face down while inflating.

Too many Dodges and Dodge-powered things...
Tony Bullard
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)13th direct (3.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
I believe those are Firestone, remember, Ford's buddy, rims. They have a solid ring that is very easy to distort. To make it easier to get apart brake only the bead on the ring side and with some C-clamps try to squeeze the tire to the other side allowing room to gently work the ring off. Try to drop the ring on one side into the center recess. Working 180* from there pry the ring out of the grove. you are going to have to stretch it and make it egg shaped to get it past center. Be Very careful not to stretch it too much. It doesn't spring very much before it too late. Oops! I know this for a fact.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention; keep them in pairs, they like to go back where they came from.

Tony
firetruckbro
Question Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
I'm new welcome me

I'm new welcome me (2 reputation)I'm new welcome me (2 reputation)I'm new welcome me (2 reputation)I'm new welcome me (2 reputation)I'm new welcome me (2 reputation)I'm new welcome me (2 reputation)I'm new welcome me (2 reputation)I'm new welcome me (2 reputation)I'm new welcome me (2 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/uploads/images/241f0e4c-28b1-4b65-b55e-de26.jpg