Profile Picture

352 cab tilt cylinders

Posted By easy money 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Third Gear

Third Gear (367 reputation)Third Gear (367 reputation)Third Gear (367 reputation)Third Gear (367 reputation)Third Gear (367 reputation)Third Gear (367 reputation)Third Gear (367 reputation)Third Gear (367 reputation)Third Gear (367 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/uploads/images/b9d50b5f-0bd9-4fcd-88af-1c24.jpg
be careful how ever you do it,..but i dont suggest this way^^^

18 wheels a humming,..home sweet home....

Aaron
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
If your talking about the brace that is at the bottom rear of the cab between the pods that latch into the recievers on the truck frame I would say yes, put the posts next to the pods and wire them to stay put.

Driving the greenies nuts
http://www.killcarb.com/
easy money
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Second Gear

Second Gear (109 reputation)Second Gear (109 reputation)Second Gear (109 reputation)Second Gear (109 reputation)Second Gear (109 reputation)Second Gear (109 reputation)Second Gear (109 reputation)Second Gear (109 reputation)Second Gear (109 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Do you guys trust the bottom brace that runs across the bottom of the opening on the back of the cab? Or do you hook on in another location? 
scsiguy - still
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Third Gear

Third Gear (373 reputation)Third Gear (373 reputation)Third Gear (373 reputation)Third Gear (373 reputation)Third Gear (373 reputation)Third Gear (373 reputation)Third Gear (373 reputation)Third Gear (373 reputation)Third Gear (373 reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Aaron (5/13/2016)
I'd be leery of going over center with a leaking ram, be my luck it sucks air and cab takes off at a high rate of speed for the ground.

Ya put the chain and come-a-long on it before it goes overcenter.

Fred Schrope - Upland, IN
Aaron
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)13th direct (4.0K reputation)

I'd be leery of going over center with a leaking ram, be my luck it sucks air and cab takes off at a high rate of speed for the ground.

scsiguy - still
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Third Gear

Third Gear (373 reputation)Third Gear (373 reputation)Third Gear (373 reputation)Third Gear (373 reputation)Third Gear (373 reputation)Third Gear (373 reputation)Third Gear (373 reputation)Third Gear (373 reputation)Third Gear (373 reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
When I've taken the lift cylinders out, I jack the cab over center with a chain and come-a-long stopping if from going all the way down.  Of course, I'm a Freightliner sorta guy.

Fred Schrope - Upland, IN
easy money
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Second Gear

Second Gear (109 reputation)Second Gear (109 reputation)Second Gear (109 reputation)Second Gear (109 reputation)Second Gear (109 reputation)Second Gear (109 reputation)Second Gear (109 reputation)Second Gear (109 reputation)Second Gear (109 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I may get smoked, but it won't be for lack of blocking and bracing. I don't trust it when it's momentum is already past half way and gravity kicks in. LOL
wayne graham
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (5.4K reputation)13th Over (5.4K reputation)13th Over (5.4K reputation)13th Over (5.4K reputation)13th Over (5.4K reputation)13th Over (5.4K reputation)13th Over (5.4K reputation)13th Over (5.4K reputation)13th Over (5.4K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 2:02:41 AM
Larry, I have seen a lot of stuff hit the windshield that way. Suitcases televisions to name a couple. Easy Money, From past experience I have learned that one should rebuild both cylinders. If you do one you can just about bet that the other will start leaking. Been many years since I did one but as it has been said here they are not complicated. Just lay the parts out in the order they are removed and reverse to go back together. You probably already know all this. Aaron is correct on the blocking or else we will be talking about you like we are a certain fellow who owns a freightliner. lol

I cried because I had no shoes till I met a man who had no class.
Freightrain
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
hayseed (5/12/2016)

take anything unsecured out of the Cab BEFORE you jack It up or you'll be also up for a New Windscreen..

Just heard that a buddy just had a "oops" moment with a COE.  Seems the "new alternator" was sitting on the doghouse and the mechanic jacked the cab up to replace it and DIDN'T take it out of the cab.  Yup, took out BOTH windshields!!!!

Larry

I'm no expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Aaron
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

I would jack up only as much was needed to get to the cyl,I would not go to the position where the cab would want to go over by itself,3  ft or so off the frame should be enough to get the ram out,block it at both cab supports with a couple 4x4's and wire them to the cab and frame, your going to put the jack in the release position once you have it blocked so the only thing will be those posts,I'd stand the 4x4 on top of the frame right in front of the cab support/latch and put it in the area of the corasponding spot on the cab and wire them in so they don't happen to jiggle and fall off.