Profile Picture

10 Lug Chevy 8.75" pattern tube type wheels

Posted By cowpunchmark 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 hours ago
Hankook makes a tire I am really happy with . The AH-11 is made in 9.00x20 and 10.00 x20 (both radial)  The 9.00 is designed for a 7" rim, 6.5 would be allowable but nothing narrower. I am running a set of 10.00 R 20's on the steer as we speak. I find them a good all position tire for on hiway work. The are not a mud tire. They are made in Korea I believe but are as good as any I have used. I am running them OTR so they get a lot  of miles put on them.

Honestly, if your rims are in good shape, I wouldn't waste my time looking for odd ball tubeless rims.

Either find a shop that knows how to do tube type correctly, or have someone teach you. They are easy to change, and while ALL truck tires (tube and tubeless) store enough energy to kill you if mis handled, tube types are safe.
   If you want a good idea on the stored energy contained in a truck tire, inflate one from zero psi to 110 psi with a bicycle pump, you'll see how much energy it takes in a hurry!
cowpunchmark
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks for all the help, however my goal is to go tubeless.  I would think that at some point the C60 went over to tubeless, hopefully with the same bolt pattern.  I know that until resently accuride made a 22.5 in that bolt pattern.  I would also like to know what all vehicles busses etc. would have had a tubeless tire in that pattern so as to better seach the salvage yards.  Barring that I can still get 9.00X20s.
cowpunchmark
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)First Gear (10 reputation)

Thanks for all the help, however my goal is to go tubeless.  I would think that at some point the C60 went over to tubeless, hopefully with the same bolt pattern.  I know that until resently accuride made a 22.5 in that bolt pattern.  I would also like to know what all vehicles busses etc. would have had a tubeless tire in that pattern so as to better seach the salvage yards.  Barring that I can still get 9.00X20s.
wayne graham
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th Over

13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)13th Over (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
That rim will take a 7.50 x 20 or an 8.25 x 20. As was said 8.25's are available and probably made off shore. Hope this helps.

I cried because I had no shoes till I met a man who had no class.
Park Olson
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (931 reputation)5th Direct (931 reputation)5th Direct (931 reputation)5th Direct (931 reputation)5th Direct (931 reputation)5th Direct (931 reputation)5th Direct (931 reputation)5th Direct (931 reputation)5th Direct (931 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
The "1 inch" band you describe is the lock ring,,, They will not take a tubeless tire, you must use a tube and a "flap" inside that covers the valve stem slot. The 6.5 you speak of is the width of the assembled rim where the tire bead seats, NOT the overall width of the rim, witch may vary slightly by different makers.
A C60 is akin to an F600 Ford and may have had an 20x8.25 tire originally on that 6.5 rim,, common on trucks of that size.
8.25's are still available, most, if not all, by off shore sources.
Hope this helps.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PROGRESS WAS ALRIGHT ONCE, BUT IT HAS GONE ON TOO LONG

cowpunchmark
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

Are you confusing a lock ring wheel with a true "2 piece" wheel? 1985 is awful late for a 2 piece. Ford used some into the '70's, but no later , I think.

Thanks for the reply, I probably confuse easily.  The spare was I believe a true widowmaker.  The wheel cut neatly down the middle.  The wheels I am dealing with at this point have what is an appox. 1" band that holds everything together.

Still with the slot provided for the long valve stem amount probably many other reasons, it will not take a tubeless tire.
cowpunchmark
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

Having looked at the wheel again, it is stampted 'Firestone 20X6.5 XL DOT T'.  It is not easy to tell where the 6.5 comes from as the distance between the rims is about 8" which is how I was told to measure.  Incidentally, the tires are 9.00X20 tube tires.  I have to just go back with tube tires but that is not my preference, thanks to all for looking.
Park Olson
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (931 reputation)5th Direct (931 reputation)5th Direct (931 reputation)5th Direct (931 reputation)5th Direct (931 reputation)5th Direct (931 reputation)5th Direct (931 reputation)5th Direct (931 reputation)5th Direct (931 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Are you confusing a lock ring wheel with a true "2 piece" wheel? 1985 is awful late for a 2 piece. Ford used some into the '70's, but no later , I think.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PROGRESS WAS ALRIGHT ONCE, BUT IT HAS GONE ON TOO LONG

Geoff Weeks
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)13th direct (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
Rim width is the measurement inside the rim flange. I highly doubt a tube type rim would be 8.25" unless it had special wide tires. Most hubs can not accept rims over 8" in tube type or 9" in tubeless unless they "super single" or wide based rims.
cowpunchmark
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Gear

Geoff

Thanks for the kind reply.  22.5", my mistake, I was pushing hard to find an answer several months ago and walked away as I was calling a lot but not getting anywhere.  I guess the main problem with the tube wheels is that they are 2 piece wheels and few people care to work on them.   I just didn't think finding a modern tubeless solution should be that difficult.

Incidentally, my wheel widths are 8.25"  I will post a photo soon, so everyone can see what I am looking at.