Profile Picture

The Erv Bickford Collection

Posted By Brocky 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Over

6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)6th Over (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Great pictures Brocky, thanks for posting them. I need to get up there some day and see his collection. Irv called me about a month before he died and we has a nice conversation but that's another story and someday I will tell that one.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

Brocky
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.6K reputation)13th direct (4.6K reputation)13th direct (4.6K reputation)13th direct (4.6K reputation)13th direct (4.6K reputation)13th direct (4.6K reputation)13th direct (4.6K reputation)13th direct (4.6K reputation)13th direct (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Tom
Thanks, it was a great time.. The Cole's museum in Bangor has a lot of various Maine related equipment literley stuffed into a fairly large building with displays hanging off the ceiling and loaded onto the back trucks,ETC. The Owls Head Transportation museum was also interesting although mostly rare cars and airplanes. ATHS and Diamond T collector, Toby Stinson is the events manager and gave us a quick tour and a ride in a 1925 Model T touring car before leaving us to explore on our own. Since it was the middle of the week, and my wife was about "trucked" out, I did not contact a busy Daryl Gushee to spend some at his shop and boneyard. 

We also did the Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. A very pretty and interesting trip on some VERY rough back roads!! Just was not at the right place at the right time to see their very high tides come in or go out although we saw the bay in both stages a various times. 

All together, with various New England tourist sights included, a person can spend a very enjoyable long two week vacation up there and still not see it all.

Brocky
TEWHITEIV
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Third Gear

Third Gear (336 reputation)Third Gear (336 reputation)Third Gear (336 reputation)Third Gear (336 reputation)Third Gear (336 reputation)Third Gear (336 reputation)Third Gear (336 reputation)Third Gear (336 reputation)Third Gear (336 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago

Brocky, looks like you had a great trip.  Thanks for posting.  I'll have to get up there and see it one day.

All I need is one more Good Deal and I'll be out of Business.

I'll stick with the old and they can stick the new.
Slim 3979
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Brocky (7/13/2016)
Slim
I can try.. Will need some more printer ink!! Only took 117 pictures there..
How are your air tanks doing??

My air tanks are working but according to the last pulmonary function , working at only 48%.  But they're not full of water anymore.  Everybody seems to think that I'm doing lots better, I think I'm doing a little better.
Slim

John Dameron
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Direct

5th Direct (964 reputation)5th Direct (964 reputation)5th Direct (964 reputation)5th Direct (964 reputation)5th Direct (964 reputation)5th Direct (964 reputation)5th Direct (964 reputation)5th Direct (964 reputation)5th Direct (964 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks for posting the photos, Brocky.  Too bad it's so far away. 

You don't need a parachute to skydive you only need a parachute to skydive twice.
Jeff Lakaszcyck
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Rocket Scientist

Rocket Scientist (15.1K reputation)Rocket Scientist (15.1K reputation)Rocket Scientist (15.1K reputation)Rocket Scientist (15.1K reputation)Rocket Scientist (15.1K reputation)Rocket Scientist (15.1K reputation)Rocket Scientist (15.1K reputation)Rocket Scientist (15.1K reputation)Rocket Scientist (15.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Daryl bought all the trucks that they didn't want for the museum and would otherwise have gone to scrap.

Jeff
Brocky
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

13th direct (4.6K reputation)13th direct (4.6K reputation)13th direct (4.6K reputation)13th direct (4.6K reputation)13th direct (4.6K reputation)13th direct (4.6K reputation)13th direct (4.6K reputation)13th direct (4.6K reputation)13th direct (4.6K reputation)

Jeff and Craig

Yes they do rotate the display at the pavillion!!  and they may have more storage barns I did not get a chance to see?? I understand that Erv had trucks scattered all over town!! and Many were moved to Daryl's place.

Brocky
Brocky
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
13th direct

Slim
I can try.. Will need some more printer ink!! Only took 117 pictures there..
How are your air tanks doing??

Brocky
Slim 3979
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
5th Over

5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)5th Over (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Nice collection, Brocky.  Thanks for sharing.  Is there any way you can copy them for Leroy?

Slim
Jeeperscreepers
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
6th Direct

6th Direct (1.7K reputation)6th Direct (1.7K reputation)6th Direct (1.7K reputation)6th Direct (1.7K reputation)6th Direct (1.7K reputation)6th Direct (1.7K reputation)6th Direct (1.7K reputation)6th Direct (1.7K reputation)6th Direct (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Brocky,  Now that's a nice bunch of trucks.  Thanks a million for taking the time to post the pictures.  All of us appreciate it.       Dan

Dan Cornett