fuel prices

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/Topic139225.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Frank Surber - 2 Years Ago
In Aspermont  2.39 regular 2.59 mid and 2.79 prem. diesel 2.99
 In Abilene you can find $1.96 
By lincolnut - 2 Years Ago
Artesia New Mexico, we even have a Refinery right in the middle of town, Reg $2.57 & Diesel $3.09......40 miles in either direction Reg. can be had for $2.07 & Diesel at $2.99 you can go figure that one...…..
By Jesse - 2 Years Ago
In Southern Delaware, Regular $2.06 per gallon,  diesel $2.65 per gallon.  
DC area almost $0.75 more. 
By wayne graham - 2 Years Ago
I guess getting old puzzles me more every day. When I was in high school I worked in a full service Shell station. We did it all windows oil check gas stamps and credit cards. I received as did the others 1.00 per hour wages and a commission on wiper blades oil etc. The boss operated on a mark up of .03 cents per gallon which paid to keep us there and the utilities and rent. What he made in the 2 bays was profit. Nowadays fuel can vary 40 or 50 cents between places. Just how much mark up are they working with. If it is 40 cents per gal somebody is makin a killing.
By Brocky - 2 Years Ago
Here in SC reg gas is $1.95 and diesel down to $2.69 last week up by Greenville Diesel was $2.59.. Hope it stays that way til Sat AM when I leave for Ohio.
By Wolfcreek_Steve - 2 Years Ago
$2.09 here in central Wisconsin this morning.
By Junkmandan - 2 Years Ago
Brocky-----What you buying in Ohio ?     And, ain't it time for you to get to Florida ? 
By Brocky - 2 Years Ago
We have close friends, with no children, who live in Leesburg Ohio. between Cinci and Columbus. He is 5 years younger than me, but has health problems with his heart, and it has been a couple of years since we visited, so will join him for Christmas..

Florida comes in February for the Vintage Trucks of FL SNOWBIRD MACUNGIE!!!
By TEWHITEIV - 2 Years Ago

Pilot is 3.09 to 3.20 range for diesel, but it can be found as low as 2.65.  The lowest I've seen for gas is 1.81, but you can drive 3 miles and find stations still selling for 2.09 to 2.29.

By Aaron - 2 Years Ago
3.45 and up here
Tom, This brings us back to that 40 cents thing. There is a colored gentleman in the lumber business here. I understand business thoroughly but this is robbery. You gotta have some political connections pretty high up to get away with some of this stuff.

By Needle-Nose - 2 Years Ago
Here's what my last cardlock invoice for November was for gas and diesel, I've done the conversion from liters to US gallons as everything here is sold in liters.
Gasoline.... $4.68 @ usg
Diesel......... $4.76 @ usg
These prices have dropped since November here in the North Okanagan BC. Hopefully this may make some feel a tad better about their fuel situation.
There is the odd dirtbag here and there that comes out at night and drill into the bottom of plastic fuel tanks with cordless drills and preform a drain and flee !!
Fortunately I live in a rural area where the thieves know most of us are armed and these stunts are predominantly happening in the big cities.
NN, I don't know the dollar cconversion off hand but I do know your petro products are higher. I would guess there is a tax situation here. I am like you we live out in the country and it would not be healthy to come around here stealing any thing. I have a chain link fence and 2 german shepherds. Then we get to the guy with the gun collection. Hopefully nobody thinks it is worth getting lead poisoning to try and steal.

most of my neighbors within 10 miles us included probably don't even know where our house keys are 
By hayseed - 2 Years Ago
Here in Australia, Diesel is around the $1.50/ Litre Mark.. google Tells me that equates to $5.68 a US Gallon..
By carlotpilot - 2 Years Ago
hayseed (12/20/2018)
Here in Australia, Diesel is around the $1.50/ Litre Mark.. google Tells me that equates to $5.68 a US Gallon..

that is costly  if  average mpg is 5.5 would put your fuel cost at 1.04 cts. per mi
By C10 - C90 Bill - 2 Years Ago
Pilot Travel Center, Troutville, VA
Reg $1.89
Diesel $2.99
By Brocky - 2 Years Ago
Rip Off Pilot!!! I only paid $2.99 at the Sheetz in Mt Jackson a month ago on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.. And prices have gone down since then.
By rubbishman - 2 Years Ago
Just for interest I just paid 2.49 for propane. Gas 3.70 San Bernardino County.
By Aaron - 2 Years Ago
Propane around 3.50 here
Don't have any idea what propane is going for around here haven't bought any in 3 years but probably going to have to find out soon.
By Geoff Weeks - 2 Years Ago
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pri_wfr_dcus_sia_w.htm

Put your state in and you will get an idea on what the retail price is.
By grenfell34 - 2 Years Ago
hayseed (12/20/2018)

seed my math aint to good  but?
1 ltr=$ 1.49 au
3.785 ltr   to a u.s gall
3.785 x 1.49 =    5.64
$5.64 au = $3.97 us
so   did I bugger up????? or google lol
By hayseed - 2 Years Ago
grenfell34 (12/21/2018)
[quote]

Neither Ron..
 I just didn't convert the $ 5.68 Aussie Dollars into Greenbacks like you Did..
By grenfell34 - 2 Years Ago
hayseed (12/21/2018)
grenfell34 (12/21/2018)
[quote]

Neither Ron..
 I just didn't convert the $ 5.68 Aussie Dollars into Greenbacks like you Did..

AHHH!!! either way mate I don't no what there whinging about lol

By Stretch - 2 Years Ago
Eddy,
Is that for marine fuel ?
No road taxes then.
Eddy Lucast (12/24/2018)
New York harbor yesterday
Gas. $1.41
Diesel $1.85

and the local TA wants $3.75 a gallon for diesel, really!

any way to send me a tanker of that $1.85 diesel? Cheapest I've seen within 80 miles of me has been $2.79 
 did see some $1.95 gas the other day but my tank was near full so could only get $10.00 bucks worth.
By TomC750 - 2 Years Ago
Saw $1.79 9/10 in Maryville yesterday at a small gas station. $1.91 was more common.
Tom
By curdog - 2 Years Ago
Gasoline was 1.72 south of Springfield, MO yesterday.
Road diesel has been 2.54 here for two weeks now (n AR).
By Brocky - 2 Years Ago
Fuel in the Greenville SC area is mostly in the $2.49 to $2.59  One local chain had it for $2.38 this afternoon on US 25.. Will see what their local station will have in Laurens on Saturday.
By John Gott - Last Year
Yesterday I paid 2.69 for Diesel and gas is 2.11 on the Eastern Shore of Maryland

John G
By Aaron - Last Year
3.27 gas
3.63 Diesel
What a wonderfull state we've got here, winter blend and taxes kill us.
By Jesse - Last Year
1.96 for gas and 2.40 for diesel in Rehoboth Beach DE. 
By Glee Pitney - Last Year
North Dallas Texas varies in thee $1.70-80 range
Glee
By Aaron - Last Year
There are refinerys all around us, L.A. Fresno and the Bay yet we get hosed.
By Needle-Nose - Last Year
Aaron (1/9/2019)
There are refinerys all around us, L.A. Fresno and the Bay yet we get hosed.

Hosed or "Browned" ??
By Aaron - Last Year
Now we're going to get Newsome, this hack got sworn in a couple days ago and we're swearing at him already, we need to draw up an impeachment plan for him.
By Glee Pitney - Last Year
Eddie: Texas Taxes: Gasoline State 20.0 cents, plus Federal 18.4. Diesel  Texas 20.0, plus Federal. 24.4. I was out and about yesterday and gasoline in N. Dallas was 1.90 +/-. Rapid change. Still a bargain. 
Glee
By Michelle Cole - Last Year
Around here there is about a 45 to 70 cent difference between regular and diesel. One of the many reasons I bought a gas engine when I bought my new Super Duty last year. Add this to the fact that the diesel engine is a 9,000 dollar option, DEF fluid, expensive oil changes, price per gallon difference and a more temperamental engine requiring more attention. Couple this with the fact that the diesel engines of today do not get as good a fuel mileage as the older ones got, its a not brainer unless you are pulling very heavy loads. I am pulling a 36 Foot fifth wheel travel trailer and grossing around 21 to 22 thousand pounds depending on if I am pulling a second trailer with my gold cart on it. I have a 4.30 rear end and it pulls it just fine with not problems in the mountains.
By Geoff Weeks - Last Year
Having owned a few diesel "cars" (not heavy trucks, but pick-up's and cars) I wouldn't buy another. In recent years the fuel economy of gasoline rivals that of diesels and they are much easier to maintaine for short trips and local use. Diesel has its place, but its advantages diminish the shorter the trip.
 In the heavy use- long haul applications diesel is the hands down winner.
By Eddy Lucast - 2 Years Ago
What's fuel prices where you are? Connecticut runs $3.75 at the truck stops and $3.15 if you look around.
Gasoline spot price for delivery NYC harbor was $1.40 a gallon at Mondays close. That's $1.29 per gallon that's going somewhere, in our area 80 miles from the NYC harbor. Granted part of that gas taxes.
By Tony Bullard - 2 Years Ago
Aaron (12/21/2018)
Propane around 3.50 here

Ouch!
When I got rid of waste oil heat in my shop a few years ago and switched to propane I was very skeptical but joined this online fuel buyers club that at as group negotiates with my fuel company for a rate much less than retail. I send the club $50 bucks a year and that's all I know about them. I just got 178 gallons @ 1.688. The same truck stopped at my neighbors the same day and he paid $2.85 a gallon. My wife says I should tell the neighbor about the club but he doesn't use a computer and this thing still sounds like a scam but so far so good.

Oh! and I get the fuel oil for the house much cheaper also.
$1.41.9 current NY harbor price
.... 18.4 Federal Tax
.... 25 Connecticut State Tax, 5th highest
$185.3 total for Connecticut
Pump price $2.69
Leaves .65 cents for transportation, distributor and retailer markup.
New York harbor yesterday
Gas. $1.41
Diesel $1.85

and the local TA wants $3.75 a gallon for diesel, really!
Those are pre-tax prices at the harbor. Not marine fuel rather fuel available for delivery where it comes ashore at NYC.
It is the price you would pay if bought with a futures contract for NYC harbor delivery.
By Eddy Lucast - Last Year
New York Harbor Conventional Gasoline Regular Spot Price is at a current level of 1.369, down from 1.96 one year ago.

Aaron the Los Angeles spot price is only 5 cents higher than NY.
By Eddy Lucast - Last Year
Glee Pitney (1/9/2019)
North Dallas Texas varies in thee $1.70-80 range
Glee

Glee what's the Texas state gas tax per gallon?